Seton Hill University invites applications for a full-time, tenure track position in Political Science, housed in the School of Humanities and linked to programs in Political Science, Global Studies, and Pre-Law/Legal Studies. Appointment is to begin in August 2024.
The faculty member will teach a range of courses in Political Science, particularly focused on American Government, Political Theory, and Legal Studies. Seton Hill’s Political Science program offers majors in Political Science, Political Science-Pre-law, and Global Studies. All SHU students are also required to take course work in the Social Sciences as part of the Liberal Arts curriculum, and the desired candidate will teach across the Liberal Arts.
Requirements for the position include:
- Ph.D. in Political Science, Politics, Government, or Pre-Law/Legal Studies at time of appointment
- Ability to teach a range of courses in the discipline, including Introduction to Political Science, Political Theory, American National Government, and Topics in American Politics.
- Evidence of effective teaching and commitment to continued professional development
- Ability to work collegially with other faculty members and staff in the School of Humanities and across the University
- Willingness and ability to recruit and advise undergraduate majors in Political Science, Global Studies, and Political Science Pre-Law
- Affirmation of the mission and identity of Seton Hill University, a Catholic Liberal Arts institution in the tradition of Elizabeth Ann Seton and committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Preferred qualifications include:
- Background or teaching experience in Pre-law/legal studies
- Interest in contributing to Seton Hill’s liberal arts curriculum, with potential to connect across interdisciplinary areas (including for example Diversity, Equity, & Social Justice, Environment & Sustainability, Gender and Women Studies, and/or Genocide & Holocaust Studies)
- Demonstrated research trajectory, with opportunities for faculty/student collaboration and/or public facing research
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org