Geopolitics affects every global organization, from strategy to supply chain. Yet, many companies struggle to assess and manage this disruption and the impacts it has on their business. The Geostrategy team at EY helps organizations translate geopolitical insights into business strategy.
The team develops market-leading insights around political risk (geopolitical, country, regulatory and societal) and political risk management. We help organizations assess the impact of political risk on their business and integrate it into their strategy and risk management.
We are looking for a (Senior) Manager, who will support client engagements in the Geostrategy space. This is a great opportunity to enable the scaling of Geostrategy projects for EY clients, working with EY Parthenon’s strategy teams and EY teams across countries, in order to identify and enable projects that assist EY’s clients in translating geopolitics into business strategy. Ideally, you will therefore have a background in both political risk (political sciences, international relations etc) and strategy consulting.
Rank: Manager to Senior Manager
Location: Ideally Paris, London, Berlin
Your key responsibilities
As a member of the team dedicated to Geostrategy, political risk and economic policy and that sits across EMEIA in EY Strategy and Transactions, you will be responsible for helping translate political risk insights into business strategy. You will therefore hold diverse responsibilities:
- Lead client projects and engagement teams to deliver Geostrategy projects
- Drive business development by preparing client meetings and project proposals as well as proactively seeking and identifying new project opportunities
- Develop new methodologies to reflect political risk challenges leveraging your knowledge of all phases and aspects of strategy development and implementation
- Deliver a high degree of client satisfaction with the engagement process and work products sufficient to drive additional and repeated engagements
- Effectively manage diverse and international teams
- Lead marketing and promotional efforts to further boost awareness
Skills And Attributes For Success
- Ideally a master’s degree in Political Science, International Relations, political economy, or similar. Profiles with master’s degree in business, strong strategy consulting expertise and demonstrated experience in a political sciences related field may be considered
- A minimum of 8 years of professional experience in a related field, including in strategy consulting
- Ability to independently lead projects and teams, and manage senior-level clients
- Team player able to effectively operate and communicate in an international, multicultural and diverse business environment
- Strong commercial skills to identify new customers and opportunities, capacity to effectively contribute and lead business development activities
- Outstanding organizational skills, flexibility and ability to work under tight deadlines and handle several complex tasks simultaneously
Ideally, you will also have
- Ability to think independently and innovatively to continuously integrate political risk management and strategy consulting
- Hight motivation with positive, entrepreneurial “can-do” attitude
- International exposure and experience (professional and/or educational)
What working at EY offers
To join the EY Geostrategy team means joining a new function within EY that is relatively young, which gives you the opportunity to be part of a new and growing team.
At EY, we offer an attractive remuneration package where you will be rewarded for your performance.
Plus, we offer:
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that is right for you
- Continuous learning: Through continuous training, coaching and mentorship, you will develop the mindset and skills needed to accelerate your career
- Real exposure: Opportunities to work on a wide range of projects and be exposed to a number of different business models, industries and companies, as you work with multiple EY service lines and leaders
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You will be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org