Resolve to Save Lives (RTSL) is a US-based, global public health organization with a mission to prevent 100 million deaths from heart disease and to make the world safer from epidemics. We are led by Dr Tom Frieden, former director of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Since 2017, Resolve to Save Lives has partnered with low- and middle-income country governments, multi-lateral agencies, academic and other civil society partners, and communities to build capacity for and support implementation of enabling policies and effective programs to treat and control hypertension, reduce sodium intake, eliminate artificial trans fat, and strengthen systems for epidemic prevention. To find out more about our work, visit: https://www.resolvetosavelives.org and https://preventepidemics.org/
We believe our programs are strengthened when they are developed and supported by individuals with diverse life experiences, whose understanding of social and cultural issues can help make our work and workforce more inclusive. We encourage applications from and provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Resolve to Save Lives complies with all applicable US EEO laws.
Resolve to Save Lives seeks qualified candidates for the position of Executive Assistant to the President and CEO. The Executive Assistant is responsible for specialized, complex administrative duties in support of the President and CEO of Resolve to Save Lives. They are a key member of the Office of the President (OTP), ensuring exceptional administrative, coordination, and logistical support to the President and CEO and excellent customer service to internal and external stakeholders of the OTP. The ideal candidate is a highly organized, detail oriented, and efficient self-starter who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced, and collaborative environment. This full-time position is remote. The incumbent will be expected to convene periodically for in-person team meetings and to work during East Coast core working hours. The salary range for this role in the US is $85,000 to $110,000; the exact offer will be determined by a variety of factors such as the candidate’s individual skills and experience relative to the requirements of the role.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
Front Office, Communications, and Scheduling
- Staff the office of the CEO and serve as the first point of contact and provide excellent customer service to those who contact the CEO.
- Create, manage, and maintain a complex calendar including a range of internal and external meetings, events, speaking engagements, teleconferences and travel in a highly dynamic environment requiring frequent re-prioritization and shifting appointments. Provide excellent verbal and written customer service to a range of stakeholders for the scheduling of meetings and events
- Facilitate smooth and effective communication by reviewing and responding to the President’s official email inbox, mail, invitations, and screening incoming phone calls.
- Receive, screen, and direct emails, phone calls and mail to determine significance and distribute to the CEO or executive leadership accordingly.
- Prioritize and execute exceptional time management skills pertaining to coordination of the CEO’s activities and activities of the Office of the President; redirect matters to relevant staff to handle, or handle matters personally, as appropriate.
- Keep the CEO advised of time-sensitive and priority issues, ensuring appropriate follow-up.
- Some work—including last minute re-scheduling requests—may be required outside standard work hours.
Travel and Expense Management
- Arrange extensive travel and complex logistics for the CEO and the President’s office, including ground, air, or other travel, both nationally and internationally, including visas, per diem, cash advance and travel expenses.
- Handle corporate expenses and receipt reconciliation for the CEO’s expenses.
- Manage and execute logistics for local, as well as international meetings and conferences.
- In coordination with other staff, prepare and deliver materials and provide IT coordination for meetings and events.
- Staff meetings as needed, including, but not limited to, greeting guests, coordinating food and beverage services, and troubleshooting IT/logistical issues.
- Some travel may be required within the US for in-person convenings.
- As requested, attend meetings, and take notes of discussion; prepare the initial draft of minutes and summaries.
- Manage and update OTP’s project management tools to support effective and efficient project planning, prioritization, initiation, and execution, and foster collaboration of internal and external stakeholders, as relevant.
- Oversee the OTP’s customer relationship management system, including adding and updating contact information, and coordinating upcoming communication with other departments.
- As needed, provide logistical and management support to other OTP functions for organization-wide, governance, or development-related meetings and events.
- Work on special projects, as needed.
- Perform other tasks as requested by the President and CEO.
Required Experience, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Previous experience in administrative or other support function for a principal in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional in the areas of judgment, diplomacy, discretion, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, follow through, and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with and highly capable managing multiple and competing demands and shifting priorities
- Solution-oriented, with strong problem-solving skills and ability to work well under pressure and maintain a fast-paced environment
- Ability to anticipate and inform the CEO of potential difficulties that have not yet surfaced
- Highly proficient with MS Office Suite and SharePoint and familiarity with a range of collaboration, productivity, and virtual meeting tools
- Familiarity working in a global organization, managing various time zones
- Demonstrates sensitivity to cultural norms and ways of communicating across cultures
- Bachelor’s degree in any field and 5+ years of relevant experience or equivalent experience
- Being based in NYC is a plus, but not required
We are grateful for your interest in our work and for your application. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications typically received, we can only reply to shortlisted candidates.
In addition to a competitive salary, Resolve to Save Lives offers excellent benefits. In the US, this includes health, dental, vision and life insurances, short-term and long-term disability coverage, the support of an Employee Assistance Program, a 403(b)retirement plan, a professional development fund, generous vacation, personal health leave, parental/adoption leave, and much more.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org