Imagine waking up every morning with the chance to change someone's life. Imagine knowing your efforts will benefit both your career and our neighbors around the world. At CWS, our team knows they are making a difference every day. Whether you're in our U.S.-based offices supporting refugees, asylees or unaccompanied children ... implementing hygiene initiatives in Cambodia or rebuilding projects in Central America ... or even connecting remotely from your home on fundraising campaigns, grant reports, or critical communications - you have the opportunity to work towards a world where everyone has food, a voice and a safe place to call home.
To provide Pre and Post arrival case management services to refugees through the US Reception and Placement Program and to provide services to eligible clients enrolled in the Matching Grant Program. This position requires knowledge of case management and sponsorship development as it applies to Federal, and State funded social services programs.
- Manages refugee cases, ensuring timely delivery of services and fulfillment of requirements outlined in the Cooperative Agreement with Department of State/Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration and as required by CWS standards and procedures.
- Coordinate pre-arrival assessment, assurance, and US-tie screening and orientation.
- Coordinate and provide airport reception for refugees through the Reception and Placement Program.
- Maintain and document case files for each case in accordance with guidelines.
- Provide on-going case management including core services delivery and maintenance assistance services to eligible clients throughout the program service period.
- Coordinate and assist in apartment set-up for refugees as required.
- Coordinate English classes, vocational education, job training, childcare, cultural orientation and other referrals and services, as well as transportation to appointments.
- Coordinate interpretation and translation services to refugee clients.
- Conduct home visits as mandated by the program.
- Prepare and document direct client assistance requests and disbursements.
- Enroll eligible clients into the employment program and provide orientation, maintenance assistance, and on-going case management services throughout the program service period.
- Develop and document a budget for each case with expenditures and dates.
- Coordinate employment services, including job orientations, in a timely manner to assist client in achieving self-sufficiency.
- Coordinate and conduct enrollment of the Central American Minors (CAM) program for CWS Dallas, TX
- Coordinate and conduct enrollment of the Lautenberg program for CWS Dallas, TX.
- Generate and submit cases’ reports.
- Participate in community events to disseminate program information and recruit potential clients.
- Stays abreast of refugee and immigrant issues, and available services to refugees, using current information to better identify and serve refugee clients.
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- Perform other related duties as requested by the Dallas, TX Director and/or the Resettlement Program Coordinator.
Education: Associate Degree or 3 years of relative work experience.
Experience: Previous work experience with refugee resettlement case management or other direct social services and excellent interviewing skills.
Computer literacy, using word processing and database applications. Spanish fluency required. Must have a valid driver’s license and adhere to the CWS Driving Policy.
CWS offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off (21 Paid Days Off; 27 Days after 2 Years)
- 14 Official Holidays
- Sick Time Off (12 Accrued monthly)
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Long Term and Short-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Benefits
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org