Orbis is seeking a highly motivated HR Generalist to join our Global HR team. The HR Generalist will provide administrative and logistical support across all global HR functions, support US employee benefits and payroll administration, maintain HR systems and participate in special projects and HR initiatives.
This role is based in the US, with the option to work remotely or be assigned to the Orbis NY office. For those who prefer to work in an office setting, our NYC office has temporary and permanent desk solutions for employees already local to NYC that can accommodate those preferences. Orbis’s current policy requires that all staff visiting or working in the NYC office must be vaccinated against COVID-19.
REPORTING & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
The HR Generalist reports to the Total Rewards Manager and works closely with all members of the Global HR team as well as liaises with US-based and global staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- US Employee Benefits. Ready and manage the orientation, enrollment, changes, and termination of US-paid employees for employee benefits and payroll. Serve as the primary liaison with employees, vendors, other internal units, and various insurance carriers ensuring prompt and efficient response. Drive preparation and communication for Open Enrollment.
- HR Information System (HRIS/HRMS): Serve as the primary liaison and contact for HRIS (ADP) and other HR systems including the ATS and LMS with employees, managers, vendors, and other internal units. Ensure accurate and up-to-date records. Ready activity reporting, HR changes for payroll, employee data and metrics, and other requested information. Offer training and recommendations to ensure efficient and productive use of platforms.
- HR Data Integrity: Organize, maintain, and audit global human resource files, records, and documentation, ensuring accuracy, current and compliant recordkeeping. Identify opportunities to increase efficiency and keep abreast of evolving trends and potential impact at Orbis.
- HR Knowledge Management: Manage the delivery of the HR intranet pages and SharePoint to ensure easily accessible, current, and accurate information for employees, HR practitioners, and the global HR team. Serve as the primary point of contact for HR pages and SharePoint sites.
- Support Global HR Team: As needed provide support to ensure effective delivery of HR functions efforts such as orientation and performance management, and routine administrative tasks are addressed. Serve as a responsive, informed, and proactive member of the global HR team. Coordinate team meetings and other appointments and ready report outs, PowerPoint decks, etc. as requested by CHRO and other team members.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education & experience
- 3+ years' relevant experience and/or those highly interested in the HR field.
- Prior exposure to a diverse, multi-cultural work environment.
- Working knowledge of HRIS, HRMS, and/or ATS, preferred.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Interpersonal: Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, communicating with cultural humility across a diverse, multi-cultural organization via email, MS Teams, and/or phone communication.
- Detail-oriented: Rigorous attention to detail, ensuring accuracy when working with numbers as well as proofreading reports and materials.
- Adaptive: Ability to work well with deadlines and effectively multi-task and manage a broad spectrum of detail-oriented responsibilities with the appropriate sense of urgency, shifting priorities as needed.
- Problem Solving: Proactive about initiating new ways to strengthen out processes, including staying abreast of and learning news technologies; ability to work productively in a team and independently, able to assess issues and problem solve creatively to address root cause. Desire to gain knowledge and understanding of HR systems and benefits programs.
Orbis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recognize and value the intersecting identities people bring to Orbis. As a global INGO, we encourage qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, cultures, lived experience with our mission, and/or those belonging to communities that have been historically excluded and/or marginalized to apply.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org