As Head of Food, you will lead Eurocities policy, advocacy, project, and knowledge sharing activities in this area of work in line with the network’s objectives. You will work as part of the mid-management team at the Eurocities Brussels office. In this role, you will:
- Ensure the team(s) have an up-to-date overview of the relevant EU policy developments in this area of work and that members are briefed accordingly;
- Oversee sound project implementation, in collaboration with the project director, including providing strategic advice on areas of development;
- Develop and maintain contacts and collaboration with the EU institutions, with member cities active in the policy field specified, and with other stakeholders, ensuring a strong external representation;
- Lead on project development in the area of food;
- Lead Eurocities’ advocacy activities in this policy area, in close collaboration with the communications team;
- Coordinate the preparation of relevant policy statements or similar position products on behalf of Eurocities;
- Provide direction to the work of the Food working group, supervising the preparation of meetings and other activities, administering any associated budgets;
- Ensure that any potential synergies between the specified field of policy and other policy, project, and communications activities in the framework of the organisation are developed and benefited from through coordination with relevant colleagues;
- Contribute to Eurocities activities beyond the immediate area of work in line with the organisation’s goals and strategic objectives;
- Manage a team of 2 people, establish team objectives and manage progresses.
You are an experienced professional who is full of initiative, self-driven, curious, creative, flexible and results-oriented.
- at least 7 years of relevant professional experience;
- a Master’s degree or equivalent in political science, public administration, EU politics or international relations, economics or similar (environment, health, etc.);
- strong insights and experience in at least two of the policy areas of food (i.e. health, health diets, public procurement, education, climate, food waste, etc.);
- excellent understanding of the EU institutions, decision-making processes and funding instruments and experience in EU advocacy and influencing EU institutions, and other relevant stakeholders;
- experience in EU project management;
- experience in EU project development/writing;
- excellent knowledge of urban policies and cities in general, including the role of cities in the EU;
- excellent analytical skills, including the ability to collect, analyse and present information in a clear and concise way;
- experience in organising events and capacity building initiatives, including workshop design and facilitation;
- experience in working with multiple stakeholders/partners at transnational level;
- good networking abilities and interpersonal skills for an international environment;
- excellent relationship management, coordination and organisation skills;
- flexibility to deal with multiple and changing priorities and a problem-solving approach;
- experience in managing a small team of people;
- good negotiating and influencing skills;
- excellent political judgement for advocacy purposes;
- excellent oral and written communications skills in English.
- other language skills;
- experience of working directly with or in city/local governments and good knowledge of local government in general;
- experience of working in membership associations.
We are looking for candidates who fulfil most of these criteria, but do not hesitate to apply if you think that you could be a good fit for the position.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org