Operation Blessing (OB) is seeking an experienced Deployment Manager to provide leadership and management for field staff and operations during disasters that occur within the 50 United States and all territories. Will work and transition smoothly between deployments, training, planned events, and maintenance efforts. Must be flexible and adaptable to easily lead teams of varying size and composition based upon operational needs.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Working knowledge of disaster relief deployment logistics and protocols.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, second language helpful, with cross-cultural experience preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of demolition and reconstruction processes.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Excellent logistical, decision making, and problem-solving skills.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Strong ability to lead, train, and motivate others.
- Must be a self-starter who can effectively perform in a fast-paced, high-pressured, stressful and “uncomfortable” environment with limited resources.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment (skid steers, cranes, etc.) and lift up to 60 lbs.
- Must work well under pressure, meet deadlines, and effectively multi-task.
- Ability to travel on short notice for extended periods of time.
- Strong technical ability or ability to learn technology.
- Ability to make purchases on behalf of the department as needed.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
- Valid driver’s license with excellent driving record
- Ability to complete all Incident Command System and National Incident Management System-100, 200, 300, 400 700 & 800 series courses
- CDL Class “A” with Air Brake Endorsement (Semi-Truck Restriction is acceptable) or ability to obtain
- Maintain forklift certification
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org