Conditions of Employment
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below based on the Qualifications Standards developed for the DCIPS PILOT program.
"This position may be eligible for TLMS"
This position is covered under DCIPS work level (WL) 2 and covers the GG-11 through GG-13 grade levels for pay purposes. The selectee's salary will be set within the salary range based on the selectee's qualifications in relation to the position as determined by the selecting official.
BASIC REQUIREMENT OR INDIVIDUAL OCCUPATIONAL REQUIREMENT:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of the target intelligence process/cycle and the various target intelligence disciplines: target discovery, target systems analysis, intermediate target development, advanced target development, battle damage assessment, SIGINT analysis and/or GEOINT analysis. Knowledge of the full-range of intelligence research and collection methods, techniques, and practices to use multi-source intelligence information systems to capture data in order to make recommendations in developing intelligence capabilities and threat assessments to interpret policy and commit resources.
2. Knowledge of analytic tradecraft principles, concepts, and methods to produce detailed target assessments of complex information/situations attained from multiple sources, to include database manipulation. Knowledge of structured analytic techniques and critical thinking exercises to identify bias, assumptions, and logical fallacies in analytic production. Demonstrated ability to craft original and concise analytic assessments using all-source
3. Knowledge of the national intelligence community, Joint partners, DoD structure, organizations, and mission/functions, inter-relationships and operations. Knowledge of Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs) and a demonstrated ability to apply them to finished intelligence production.
4. Skill in conducting unbiased complex research, identifying appropriate available systems/data sources, and producing collection requirement assessments that answer specific tasks to link and leverage agency capabilities in support of consumers, customers, and clients. Skill in analytic writing and briefing.
5. Ability in oral and written delivery of intelligence in the form of briefings, conferences, VTCs, and intelligence production processes.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY: If position has a positive degree requirement or education forms the basis for qualifications, you MUST submit transcriptswith the application. Official transcripts are not required at the time of application; however, if position has a positive degree requirement, qualifying based on education alone or in combination with experience, transcripts must be verified prior to appointment. An accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education must accredit education. Click here to check accreditation.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
120-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 120-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 120 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org