The Swiss-based International Panel on the Information Environment (IPIE) is an independent and global science organization committed to providing the most actionable scientific knowledge about threats to the world’s information environment. The mission of the IPIE is to provide policy makers, industry, and civil society with independent scientific assessments on the global information environment by organizing, evaluating, and elevating research, with the broad aim of improving the global information environment. Hundreds of leading scientists from around the world contribute to IPIE’s research and outputs.
Executive Director & COO, Secretariat of the IPIE
The Executive Director and Chief Operations Officer of the IPIE will lead a team of high-performing professionals to ensure organization-wide efficiency, productivity, and effectiveness in pursuit of the IPIE’s strategy and goals. The Executive Director will report to the CEO of the IPIE and will oversee work on all topics related to the health and efficiency of the organization, including but not limited to, human resources, operational, financial, and legal matters.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience as a senior manager overseeing day-to-day operations and dealing with policies, practices, and procedures, ideally within the international organization sector and related to research and/or academia.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manages the overall strategy, purpose, and vision of the entire Human Resources function, including recruitment, onboarding, payroll, benefits, learning and development, performance management, retention, and succession planning;
• Designs and implements policies to promote organizational culture and vision, including the integration of equity, diversity, and inclusion.
• Works collaboratively to develop and improve operations, systems, processes, controls, and procedures that improve organizational efficiency overall;
• Leverages data and metrics to provide timely, accurate, and complete reports on the operating condition of the company.
• Ensures sound accounting practices and standards through effective oversight of finance staff and the establishment of financial accountability mechanisms;
• Oversees audit processes as require.
Regulatory & Legal
• Contributes to the policy engagement strategy for the organisation, from the point of view of the Secretariat;
• Ensures compliance with national and local business regulations and take appropriate action when necessary.
Essential Candidate Criteria
• Willingness to relocate to Zurich, Switzerland;
• Fluency in German and/or French. Work will primarily be conducted in English, and fluency in these languages is preferred for work in Switzerland;
• Strong international experience, preferably among international organizations;
• Senior administrative & management experience, with five or more years of experience in executive leadership roles;
• An understanding of advanced business planning and regulatory issues;
• Excellent leadership skills, with steadfast resolve and personal integrity;
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and unstructured environment;
• Ability to bring creativity to their work.
Desired Candidate Criteria
• Experience in higher education or the management of research;
• Fluency in a third major international language;
• Familiarity with international technology policy debates;
• Experience in a startup culture, or in leading an organization from concept through to formation.
IPIE seeks to appoint a highly skilled and motivated candidate. The compensation will reflect the organisation’s ambition to attract the best professional with the desired profile.
The impact of the IPIE is strengthened by the diversity of our network and our differences in background, culture, experience, language, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, and much more. We welcome applications from people of colour, women, the LGBTQIA community, and people with a wide range of abilities.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org