The Proposal Writer will join a global BD team and will help drive IRC’s new business development efforts by engaging with global, regional, country, and technical staff throughout the business development cycle from opportunity tracking and positioning/capture planning to proposal development, and submission. The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of writing large-scale and complex technical narratives in sectors including health, education, peace building and system strengthening, women’s empowerment, and other humanitarian and development thematic areas. The successful candidate will have particular expertise writing for donors such as USAID and FCDO.
Key Working Relationships
Country Teams, Technical Units, Peer agencies, Local Partners
- Translates technical design notes and outlines into cohesive technical narrative for concept notes and proposals.
- Incorporates feedback from proposal reviewers and technical teams to produce new drafts of concept notes and proposals.
- Works collaboratively with proposal teams and bid leads to ensure all the information required to produce quality drafts is in hand.
- Reads reports, meeting notes, and other materials in order to write narrative content including staffing and management annexes, capability statements, and prior project references.
- Contributes to a library of text boxes and library of boiler plate language to drive efficiency in developing narratives.
- Ensures all drafts produced are aligned with donor requirements for formatting and language.
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, including international relations, political science, public administration, and communications.
- At least six years of focused experience writing proposals, particularly to FCDO and USAID. Additional experience writing contract proposals to USAID, FCDO, the World Bank, and others highly desirable.
- Experience writing for a variety of sectors, but health and education of particular interest.
- Complete fluency in English required with proficiency in one other language (French, Spanish, Arabic) highly desirable.
- High comfort level with deadline driven work.
- Strong ethos regarding managing intellectual property and knowledge management.
- Successful track record writing winning proposals over $5M in value.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively manage a variety of relationships in a multicultural environment
- Familiarity with Shipley proposal development model highly desirable
- Ability to travel internationally (up to 25% of time)
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org