Peace is our commitment. The United States Institute of Peace represents the American people’s shared values and commitment to peace worldwide. We know that Peace is Security – it advances both U.S. and international security by preventing, managing, and mitigating violent conflict.
We are an independent, non-partisan institution and are actively engaged with peacebuilding efforts worldwide. Together we tackle the most challenging problems and hold fast to the possibility of a more peaceful world. To learn more about USIP programs and job openings, go to https://www.usip.org/about/careers.
If you have a passion for making the world a better place and want to have a front-row seat on the world stage, USIP is the place for you.
The Project Assistant (PA) position provides overall support to the International Diplomatic Academy of Tunisia project to help accomplish the project objectives and overall mission of USIP. The PA report to the Program Officer and provides day-to-day programmatic and administrative support. The PA maintains program records, develops, and updates informational material, provides contract management support, organizes meetings and events, helps conduct research, and undertakes other tasks as assigned. The position is based in Tunis, Tunisia.
• Supports implementation and coordination of all project activities.
• Plans and supports the travel of USIP staff and participants including travel bookings, authorizations, vouchers, cash requests, and reimbursements.
• Supports in preparing and disseminating timely programmatic and financial reports.
• Coordinates and develops agendas and event logistical plans for project-related meetings and events with project partners and stakeholders.
• Arranges relevant planning meetings within the office and with counterparts.
• Makes appointments, follow up with partners, attend meetings, and take notes as needed.
• Provides translation and interpretation support as needed in English, Arabic, and French.
• Ensures that databases and documents are updated as necessary and in a timely manner to enhance the knowledge management of USIP's programs.
• Assists in preparation of annual and quarterly project workplans.
• Attends, supports, and monitors project activities as needed.
• Supports collecting and analyzing M&E data and reporting.
• Supports team members regarding USIP’s programmatic and compliance procedures and
• Attends internal and external meetings with partners and relevant stakeholders.
• Takes notes and distributes to the field team and HQ as needed.
• Develops and maintains relationships with vendors and partners.
• Provides program design, implementation, and reporting support to the USAID IAA Program team.
• Explores visual mediums such as short films, art exhibitions, interviews, and podcasts to engage with research areas, and, where possible, make certain information more accessible to the wider audience.
Budget and Contract Management Support
• Assists team with budget and contract management tracking and support, including requisitions, invoice and expense processing, cash requests, and payment monitoring of contract services.
• Serves as primary liaison between field-based staff and DC-based contracts staff on contracting issues.
• Assist in documenting preparation and submission of payments, vendor contracts, preparation of event budgets as well as overall budget projections.
• Helps coordinate payments and contract requests with the field-based Finance and Administrative Manager.
Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in political science, international relations, security and peace studies, diplomacy, public administration, conflict resolution, or a related field.
• At least one (1) year of relevant professional work experience.
• Experience providing administrative and operational support to teams and organizations.
• Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated research and analytic skills in Arabic, English, and French.
• Proficiency in Arabic and English, both written and oral required. Proficiency in French is preferred.
• Must have strong collaboration skills; must have the ability to coordinate the input and priorities of multiple players.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
All USIP contract and employee positions are contingent upon the favorable completion of a suitability background investigation.
This is a personal services contractor position for host - country national in country.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org