Under the guidance of the Head of Communications Department, the Senior Communications Advisor will play a pivotal role within our closely-knit team, actively contributing to the development and execution of communication strategies tailored to engage a diverse global audience.
The position demands a high degree of autonomy, requiring initiative, creativity, and adaptability to drive successful outcomes.
Content Development and Review:
- Spearhead the creation and management of ESBG’s weekly and monthly digital newsletters, ensuring alignment with industry trends and organizational goals;
- Oversee the production of the Financial News and Views Newspaper, the flagship quarterly printed publication of the institute by leading the process from A to Z in coordination with external service providers;
- Take charge of crafting and curating WSBI’s global newsletter; showcasing the organization’s initiatives and achievements;
- Provide meticulous review and editing of content generated by the advocacy team, ensuring accuracy, clarity, and adherence to regulatory guidelines before publication on the corporate website;
- Contribute to the creation of all written promotional materials from brochures to leaflets and in most cases take the lead;
- Contribute to the management of the social media channels of the Joint Office (LinkedIn, X, Instagram).
- Lead the development, editing, and distribution of press releases and media advisories;
- Effectively manage incoming media inquiries, coordinating interviews with organizational spokespeople, and maintaining positive relationships with key media outlets.
- Support the creation of high-profile content in the context of the 100th Years Celebrations of WSBI and the World Congress to be held in October 2024;
- Collaborate closely with the Digital Communications Advisor to synchronize content with online strategies, optimizing engagement across digital platforms;
- Support the Digital Communications Advisor and the Events Advisor in events-related content creation when needed;
- Regularly analyse and report on statistics related to the products, providing insights to enhance communication effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Communications or similar fields;
- A minimum 5 years of relevant and proven hands-on experience in creating communication content to support organizational goals;
- Mother tongue-like proficiency in English (a written test is foreseen;. Knowledge of other European languages (such as French or Spanish) would be an asset;
- Excellent writing and proof-reading skills, creativity and the ability to present complex technical matters simply;
- High degree of autonomy, requiring initiative, and adaptability to drive successful outcomes;
- Attention to detail, and the ability to take initiative and flourish in a fast-paced and dynamic environment;
- Confident user of creative communication tools such as JungleMail, Canva, PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite;
- Flexibility, and the ability to work well both individually, and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of EU institutions and decision-making processes;
- Previous experience in the banking industry or a trade association might be considered an additional asset.
What we offer
- Competitive remuneration with additional benefits (Group insurance, Health insurance, meal voucher, extra legal holidays);
- A permanent contract (CDI) under the Belgian law;
- Multi-cultural, dynamic work environment in Brussels;
- Room for creative ideas and initiative.
Candidates who wish to apply should submit the following information by email before the 4th of February to [email protected]:
- A cover letter, clearly highlighting your motivation for the position, explaining your strengths as well as availability to join;
- A current CV;
- Some written samples (press releases, articles, social media posts etc.).
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org