ILAB's mission is to strengthen global labor standards, enforce labor commitments among trading partners, promote racial and gender equity, and combat international child labor, forced labor, and human trafficking.
- Prepares relevant reports, papers, talking points, briefing books, memos, letters, proposals, and background papers, including Congressionally-mandated reports for the Secretary, Deputy Secretary, Deputy Under Secretary, and others as directed.
- Develops and maintains comprehensive knowledge of the many issues pertaining to assigned policy or program areas. Conduct key economic research and analysis.
- Develops and oversees congressionally mandated reports and other reports including planning for resources required; coordination of public comment processes, devising methods for preparing and coordinating analysis with other US agencies.
- Represents DOL in negotiations on policy matters in international forums to ensure US priorities are addressed.
- Organizes and/or conducts extensive research and support activities for programs, initiatives, or international organizations assigned and prepares recommendations, reports and briefings
Conducting research on labor and employment challenges in the Middle East, North Africa, or South and Central Asia;
analyzing labor and employment laws and policies; and
developing policy or program analyses and recommendations for senior leadership and U.S. government agencies.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org