We are looking for a motivated and proactive professional to work on communications at Bellona Europa. With our work on climate solutions, sometimes complex technologies and concepts need to be translated into simplified narratives and visuals that capture the essence of what we would like to communicate. We are seeking somebody who, not only is committed to the climate crisis, but is also enthusiastic about the various facets of communications and social media.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Native level English, both spoken and written;
- A background in Journalism, English language, Public Affairs or Communication studies;
- A passion for social media management and simplifying complex ideas into easy to grasp information;
- Experience working with adobe creative suite programs (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) and in content creation;
- A good understanding of the main social media outlets;
- Experience and interest in press relations, database management and/or website management are a plus;
- Eligibility to reside and work in Belgium.
There is no specific degree requirement. Nevertheless, excellent writing skills are a prerequisite.
- Supporting the Communications Specialist in drafting content for communication materials, including newsletters, social media outputs, infographics, event invitations or press releases;
- Supporting the Communications Specialist in editing and proofreading outgoing material, designing publications and creating visuals for social media;
- Helping with the social media analytics and metrics;
- Supporting the wider team at Bellona Europa on content-related communication tasks, including for internal/external events;
- Assisting with managing and updating the website.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org