BRAC is an award-winning international non-governmental development organization with the vision of a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination, where everyone has the opportunity to realize their potential. BRAC is a leader in developing and implementing cost effective, evidence-based programs to assist poor and disadvantaged communities in low-income countries, including in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings. It is an organization of and for the people of the Global South, pioneering new development and social enterprise approaches to equip communities to achieve prosperity.
Based in New York, BRAC USA is the North American affiliate of BRAC. BRAC USA is an independent 501(c)3 nonprofit that strengthens BRAC's impact by raising awareness about its work, mobilizing resources to support its programs, and amplifying its evidence-based poverty innovations worldwide.
BRAC USA staff work in a hybrid work environment that includes both in-office and remote work arrangements. This position will be based in the Northeast, with a preference for candidates located in the DC or New York area.
About the Position
BRAC USA seeks a highly motivated and entrepreneurial candidate to join our team.
Reporting to the Director of Business Development, the Business Development Officer will support the growth and progression of BRAC's North American bilateral government funding portfolio. The Officer will track and identify USAID funding opportunities in BRAC countries and to a lesser extent, Global Affairs Canada (GAC) funding opportunities and US State Department funding for humanitarian assistance. The Officer will support the Business Development team to establish partnerships with key primes and other organizations to secure BRAC's prepositioning for these opportunities. The Officer will support business development for USAID opportunities in BRAC countries – including, but not limited to, liaising with country teams and partners, supporting proposal development processes, outreach to potential partners, and working with the business development team to improve internal processes and operations.
Resource Mobilization and Partnership Development
- Assist in cultivating and managing key donor and partner relationships and establish new relationships with peer organizations and strategic partners in North America and countries in which BRAC operates.
- Track and update the pipeline of USG opportunities, including checking the USAID Business Forecast, Sam.gov and grants.gov daily, and identifying relevant opportunities for BRAC
- In collaboration with Business Development team members, work with BRAC's country teams to identify and address business development priorities and gaps, and support prepositioning and/or pre-bid work for USG opportunities (primarily USAID but could also include GAC and/or State Department opportunities), including:
- Engaging country offices to identify opportunities and reach out to in-country donors and potential partners.
- Conducting market/donor landscape analyses.
- Developing capability statements.
- Supporting donor outreach.
- Traveling internationally for capture trips, as appropriate.
- Support the development and roll-out of standardized USAID business development tools, systems and practices.
- Support proposal development for BRAC countries' priority programmatic areas (health, education, humanitarian response, youth empowerment and economic development) in close coordination with the programmatic leads in each thematic area, as requested, including:
- Facilitating securing all needed approvals prior to proposal development.
- Drafting proposal timelines closely with Business Development team members, country offices, head office and program staff.
- Writing parts of the proposal, as requested.
- Supporting cost proposal development and reviewing cost proposals for donor responsiveness and alignment with technical narrative.
- Assist in securing all needed approvals prior to proposal submission.
Capacity Building of Country Programs
- Support country offices to pre-position for funding opportunities.
- Support the facilitation of networking opportunities between country offices and potential partners.
- As needed, support the Director of Business Development on capture visits on specific funding opportunities.
- Manage administrative systems and tasks for the team, including Salesforce Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software and shared drives.
- Provide administrative support for the business development team, including calendar management and scheduling, taking meeting minutes, and overall team support.
- Prepare materials for meetings, presentations and special projects.
- Strong understanding of international development program design and proposal development.
- Experience in USAID business development, including tracking and identifying opportunities.
- Interest in project design.
- Experience managing and contributing to proposal development processes.
- Experience in budgeting/proposal pricing.
- Initiative-taking with the ability to problem-solve.
- Takes ownership and accountability of assigned projects and tasks with strong follow-through.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to work independently and with initiative when needed.
- Interest in international development and nonprofit fundraising.
- Excellent communication, writing and editing skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Highly organized, strategic thinker with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high intensity work environment.
- Proactive team player with strong desire to learn and ability to be flexible.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues on diverse teams, both in-person and remotely, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders from diverse backgrounds.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of BRAC USA.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in International Development or other related field.
- 3-5 years of overall relevant professional experience or Master's Degree plus 2-3 years of relevant professional experience
- 2 years of experience in USAID business development or project management with a strong interest in USAID business development is required.
- Proficient in Google Suite and MS Office.
- Experience with Slack, Salesforce or other collaboration platforms desired.
To apply, please upload your resume and a cover letter. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, with preference given to early applicants.
This is an outstanding opportunity to support a highly effective, collaborative, and innovative nonprofit. BRAC USA offers a competitive salary and benefits package including base salary, medical/dental/vision insurance, FSA, life insurance, 401k, annual professional development stipend, and generous paid time off. Note that some benefits are subject to a waiting period, and more information can be provided to shortlisted applicants upon request. The salary range for this position is $65,000-$70,000.
At BRAC USA, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification or job responsibility in this job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
BRAC USA is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in accordance with state and federal law.
BRAC USA is unable to sponsor work visas for this position and will only consider applicants with valid work authorization in the United States.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org