The ICCT seeks a highly motivated and committed Communications Specialist, Digital Content, to help maximize the reach and impact of the work of the ICCT’s office in India through omni-channel digital outreach and engagement. The goal of the position is to extend the ICCT’s visibility, accessibility, and impact in India among our core and emerging audiences. The Communication Specialist, Digital Content, will do this by coordinating with the Communications and Public Relations Manager for the India office, other members of ICCT’s India team, and the global communications team to develop and run the India team’s digital engagement strategy. This person will create compelling original digital content, based on ICCT’s data and analysis, on the ICCT India’s digital channels and will support other communications and outreach activities in the ICCT’s India office.
This is a full-time position based in the ICCT’s India office in New Delhi and will report to the Communications and Public Relations Manager in India.
- Create engaging and culturally relevant content for ICCT India’s social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Schedule and publish posts on social media channels while adhering to a content calendar to ensure consistent and timely updates.
- Create powerful infographics that adhere to ICCT’s branding guidelines.
- Conceptualize videos, graphics, collaterals, and other content as needed for events, social media, websites, etc.
- Collaborate with researchers and project managers to translate complex analytical and policy objectives into actionable editorial and digital products.
- Monitor social media channels for comments, messages, and mentions and respond appropriately or escalate as necessary.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather information and insights for content creation, ensuring alignment with the overall marketing and communication strategy.
- Analyze, monitor, and report on digital performance across channels and programs to optimize performance and impact.
- Research and analyze preferences of the ICCT’s audiences in India to identify trends and emerging needs.
- Coordinate with other communication specialists engaged in activities like graphic design, video production, event planning, and media outreach to support the ICCT India’s engagement efforts.
- Support event planning and other engagement activities designed by the ICCT’s India office.
- Knowledge of social media management tools (e.g., LinkedIn Analytics, Buffer, Twitter Analytics), scheduling software, and content management systems (e.g., Asana, Microsoft Office).
- Ability to use social media analytics tools (e.g., Insights 360, Brandwatch) and conduct audience analyses. • Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to understand and synthesize technical information and translate it for multiple audiences differentiated across digital platforms.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with researchers, editors, managers, and other staff in offices around the globe.
- Ability to collaborate with teams, present creative concepts, and incorporate feedback. • Ability to manage multiple projects and competing deadlines by prioritizing work.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Knowledge of modern digital design and publishing tools (e.g., WordPress, Adobe InDesign and Illustrator, Figma, AgoraPulse, Sprout Social, etc.).
- Experience working in a publications or research environment.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in the nonprofit sector.
- Knowledge of the transportation sector and issues related to clean transportation.
- Knowledge of the environmental sector and climate/environmental policy issues.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org