The Norwegian Red Cross is a well-respected humanitarian organization, part of the global Red Cross Red Crescent Movement. We collaborate to alleviate human suffering worldwide. The main objective of our international strategy is to strengthen access to health and strengthen the protection of people affected by conflicts and crises, including climate disasters.
The Norwegian Red Cross is seeking a motivated and experienced individual to join our dynamic team as Deputy Regional Representative for Asia. You will play a pivotal role in managing the Norwegian Red Cross' contribution to regional preparedness and response to disasters and deputizing for the Regional Representative. This position is an excellent opportunity for individuals with a passion for humanitarian work and a commitment to making a positive impact.
The Deputy Regional Representative, Asia will be responsible for managing Norwegian Red Cross' contribution to the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement’s disaster preparedness response and deputizing for the Regional Representative in Asia.
- Ensure that Norwegian Red Cross proactively contributes to preparedness and response to climate disasters in the region.
- Deputize for the Regional Representative. Manage regional mobile staff in accordance with Norwegian Red Cross leadership model.
- Monitor relevant risks in the region, providing updated analysis and recommendations to the Regional Representative and Global Disaster Management Unit at Headquarters (HQ).
- Coordinate the assessment of Emergency Appeals and Disaster Relief Emergency Fund (DREF) operations in the region, advising on support to emergency operations.
- Ensure Norwegian Red Cross funded initiatives improve regional disaster preparedness and response operations.
- Engage and motivate the professional development of regional mobile delegates, following up on yearly plans.
- Oversee that technical delegates in the region work collaboratively with other personnel globally and in priority countries.
- Serve as the focal point in the region for coordination with management and staff at the Global Disaster Management Unit at HQ.
- Higher education at master level within relevant field.
- Significant experience from managing disaster preparedness and response operations.
- Successful track record of emergency response deployments is an asset.
- Technical expertise in Health or WASH, including management of Health or WASH programs in emergency contexts is an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of disaster preparedness and response mechanisms.
- Fluency in English; working proficiency in other regional languages an asset.
- Proactive and takes responsibility in various situations.
- Clear and engaging communication skills.
- Collaborative and shares expertise effectively.
- Effective leadership promoting team development.
- Solution-oriented mindset in problem-solving.
- Regional Representative, Asia
Position is based in:
- 24 Months (Accompanied position)
Why should you apply?
- Meaningful: You`ll be a part of the world's largest humanitarian organization, reaching the most vulnerable people in their local community.
- Impact: You will help National Societies in the region to become strong, self-sustained and accountable humanitarian actors.
- Career: You will be connected to an international organization with staff based all over the world
- A great place to work: You will work in a multicultural environment with hard-working, dedicated, and fun colleagues with a strong culture of collaboration, continual improvement, and celebration of wins.
Norwegian Red Cross striving to build a working culture based on respect, honesty, and generosity. We do a thorough background check on relevant candidate.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org