At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is an industry leading provider of end-to-end space and launch systems and capabilities serving national security, civil and commercial customers. We are seeking an experienced International Trade Compliance (ITC) Analyst to join our team of qualified, diverse talent. This position will report to the Manager of International Trade Compliance (ITC) for the Payload and Ground Systems Division (PGSD). The position will be located in Linthicum MD; Colorado Springs CO; Boulder CO; or Redondo Beach CA. This position may support a hybrid schedule or full-time telework.
Roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and managing comprehensive internal export control strategies to ensure compliance with export laws that enhance foreign policy and protect national security.
- Determining requirements for and preparing DoS license/agreements and/or DoC licenses for a variety of complex export/import scenarios, including marketing, sales, procurement and ongoing program activities.
- Ensuring transactional activities comply with US government regulations and internal procedures by conducting gate reviews for technical data exports, foreign travel, foreign visits, and export/import shipments.
- Transactional reviews to include conducting thorough assessments to determine and document exemption/exception applicability.
- Conducting and/or assisting with Commodity Jurisdiction and Classification analysis and determinations.
- Conducting contract and proposal reviews and providing appropriate guidance and license/authorization strategy.
- Managing export/import authorizations through their life cycle, including maintaining applicable records in compliance with regulatory and company requirements.
- Developing and delivering presentations including Export General Awareness training, program/function specific export training and program/capture export licensing strategy updates to division leadership.
- Supporting coordination with ITC customs compliance, internal and external customers and US Government representatives to establish the program profile for import and export processes for foreign country destinations. Establishing profiles for the program for individual countries.
- Guiding internal program customers to organize and identify the hardware for the deliveries to and from the US.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
This requisition may be filled at either a level 3 or a level 4.
Basic Qualifications for a Level 3:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 6+ years of experience in import or export trade compliance – OR – a Master’s degree with 4+ years of related professional experience.
Basic Qualifications for a Level 4:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 10+ years of experience in import or export trade compliance – OR – a Master’s degree with 8+ years of related professional experience.
Additional Basic qualifications for both levels:
- Working knowledge of ITAR, EAR, and other US Government Regulations.
- Detail oriented and the ability to prioritize a varied workload.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Experience drafting and submitting export licenses and agreements.
- Experience in the applicability and use of ITAR exemptions and EAR exceptions.
- Experience providing training to export licensing personnel and functional requesters.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US Department of Defense (DoD) Secret security clearance. US Citizenship is a prerequisite.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and proactively with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with senior leadership.
- Knowledge of and proficiency with OCR’s Export & Import Global Trade Compliance Software.
- Knowledge of 15 CFR Part 30 Foreign Trade Regulations and 19 CFR Customs Duties Parts 0-199.
- Experience in import / export shipment operations.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org