Salary: USD $94,164 to USD $174,888 gross per annum, depending on the relevant qualification and experience of the candidate.
Reporting to the Head of Business and Talent Attraction / Investment Promotion, the Deputy Head of Business and Talent Attraction / Investment Promotion (New York) will be responsible for identifying, attracting and supporting companies to set up or expand in Hong Kong by engaging in strategic planning and execution of investment promotion activities, visits to top level executives of leading companies and providing assistance to potential investors from USA East (covering Alabama Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia and Wisconsin) under the purview of the Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office (HKETO) in New York. Maybe required to travel.
- Support the Head of Business and Talent Attraction / Investment Promotion in driving the promotion work for inward investment to Hong Kong in the geographic markets under the purview of HKETO as well as the HKETO in New York on talent attraction
- Assist in implementing the annual geographic business plan for promoting inward investment to Hong Kong
- Devise the list of target companies, in particular in priority sectors as identified by the Invest Hong Kong Head Office and those that can create valued employment in Hong Kong
- Proactively reach out to target companies via conducting marketing activities and promotional campaigns as well as individual company visits and to provide timely advice and practical assistance to potential investors
- Organise and support investment promotion visits by sector teams and directorate from Invest Hong Kong Head Office
- Develop links and networks with business multiplier organisations and identify opportunities that can help raise the profile of Hong Kong and Invest Hong Kong
- Collect market intelligence and information on the sectors of interest
- Maintain proper records of the contacts and leads generated as well as the aforementioned activities via various means including CRM, emails and file record
- Support HKETO activities as and when required
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferably in international business, international economics, or international marketing. A higher degree would be an advantage
- A minimum of 3 years of experience, preferably in international sales and/or business development. Experience in foreign direct investment promotion or economic development would be an advantage
- Excellent presentation and communication skills in English
- Broad knowledge of the business environment of the eastern US and relevant working experience is important. Experience of living and/or doing business in Hong Kong would be an asset
- Willing to travel within the area under the HKETO in New York's purview and to Hong Kong
Candidate must be eligible to take up employment in the US
Terms of Appointment
Two-year contract on non-civil service contract term with the possibility of extension
10% end of contract gratuity to be paid upon satisfactory completion of the employment contract. Other benefits include medical coverage, transportation allowance and annual leave
Interested applicants are invited to send a covering letter with full curriculum vitae, availability, and copies of academic qualification certificates/transcripts, record of employment and available references from previous employment to:
By post : Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office,
115 East 54th Street, New York, NY 10022, USA
Attn: Executive Office Manager
By email : [email protected]
Application closing date: 1 March 2024, 5:00 PM New York Standard Time
Late applications will not be accepted and only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Any enquiries concerning the above position should be sent to the HKETO in New York by e-mail, fax or post.
- The terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made
- Please visit https://www.hketony.gov.hk/ for more information. For enquiries, please contact [email protected].
- Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government (HKSARG)'s personal data policies of which are available at https://www.pcpd.org.hk/english/data_privacy_law/ordinance_at_a_Glance/ordinance.html
InvestHK is the department of the HKSARG tasked to attract and retain foreign direct investments in Hong Kong.
Please visit www.investhk.gov.hk for more information.