Blue Crab Strategies (BCS) is a mission-driven strategic consulting firm that is meeting our planet’s messiest problems with the collective power of people. With our clients, we’re building a worldwide, collaborative ecosystem to accelerate climate action. We develop approaches for some of the most impactful players in the global transition to a clean energy economy and the fight against climate change. From brands to NGOs to foundations to activists, we work behind the scenes at the cutting edge of climate innovation.
BCS is searching for a (Senior) Program Associate to assist senior leadership with managing relationships, people, and projects as we continue to expand our ever-growing climate work around the globe! The ideal candidate is someone who has strong organizational and project management skills, as a large part of this role involves helping keep various projects on track. We’re looking for someone who is a strong collaborator and communicator, as the role requires the sustained cultivation of important relationships in the climate-organizing space.
This position is fully remote but requires some travel both within the US and globally. Preference is for candidates based in Eastern Standard Time or Central Standard Time.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage an internal project management tool
- Coordinate client meetings, including scheduling, agenda preparation, note taking, and synthesis of notes into actionable items
- Produce written and visual material for clients and BCS leadership
- Perform administrative duties like scheduling, drafting correspondence, editing
- Track and maintain relationships with various external contacts
- Partner with internal client team to devise strategy, manage projects, and grow client portfolios
- Conduct research and analysis to support project development and implementation
- Own distinct workstreams or aspects of client portfolio, including strategy development and implementation, material development, and leading client meetings
- Work with partners, team members, and clients to plan convenings
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar role working with NGOs, coalitions, campaigns, or progressive corporations.
- A commitment to racial and social justice with the understanding of how they connect to issues surrounding the climate and environment
- Ability to pick up technical verbiage quickly when working with others, though policy expertise is not necessary
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organization and relationship management skills
- Strong knowledge of Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong note-taking techniques, with the ability to capture essential information, key points, and summarize discussions
- Ability to multi-task and work on various projects (both small and large) at once
- Ability to delegate tasks and responsibilities among team members across all levels
- The ideal candidate is curious, proactive, ambitious, humble, has a great sense of humor, and loves working with people across a wide spectrum of backgrounds and expertise
- Knowledge of energy systems, climate change, and/or philanthropy
- Past experience working in civil society, climate-related business, government, and/or climate-related philanthropy.
- Background in environmental justice and experience working with a variety of actors including partners based in the global south
- Familiarity with strategy, campaigns, and advocacy within the climate justice and/or energy transition space.
- Experience in event planning and executing convenings on behalf of clients
How To Apply
In lieu of a cover letter, we are asking applicants to please answer the following questions:
- Why are you interested in working at Blue Crab Strategies? (150 words or less)
- Can you tell us about how you center equity and inclusion in your work? (150 words or less)
- How do you adapt to quickly changing scenarios, especially in a work environment where you’d have to manage multiple relationships and projects with different stakeholders? (150 words or less)
Please email your resume and answer to the prompts above in one single document to [email protected] with subject line: (Senior) Program Associate Position – Your Name
Benefits and Salary
Salary is $65,000-$70,000. Our benefits include a 401k with matching contributions, 20 vacation days (2 weeks company-wide and 2 weeks discretionary), 10 sick days, 12 weeks of paid parental leave.
Blue Crab Strategies offers insurance coverage for eligible employees. Employees are given the option to choose any plan on the District of Columbia’s health insurance exchange. Blue Crab Strategies pays at least 80% of the monthly premium for the selected health care plan for employees, with employees paying up to 20% (varies based on cost of the plan).