The Associate Director assists the director in many phases of the SUPRC operations including establishing the research goals of the SUPRC each year; helping to construct a calendar of issues and races polled; proofs the design of questionnaires; reviews sample frames; monitors fieldwork; reviews marginals and cross-tabulation analyses; actively seeks development opportunities within and outside the University structure; meets with faculty; and works with graduate students, research assistants and interns on research projects.
- Track policy issues relevant to the SUPRC mission.
- Collect and maintain data files for research projects.
- Draft survey instruments.
- Produce and program sample frames.
- Produce and program survey instruments.
- Analyze the effects of public policy issues, using survey analysis.
- Edit and produce marginals and cross-tabulation reports.
- PhD in political research or 5 years experience as a professional pollster
- Personally quoted/referenced in at least 50 newspapers, magazines, radio, or TV in polling and/or completed GVT 623 AE with an A grade.
- Published work in academic journal(s) re: polling field of expertise.
- Taught courses on polling or market research at a college and/or university.
- A member in good standing of AAPOR.
- Excellent quantitative and writing skills.
- Must be available to commit to a rigorous schedule of evenings and weekends without fail to meet media partnership deadlines.
* Estimated end date November 14th 2024 *
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org