NRC is looking for a Regional Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator to join the Asia Regional Office. The Coordinator will establish and implement systems to promote evidence-based decision-making, programme and project performance, and internal management; and will contribute to quality programming. The role holder will provide technical support to in-country staff pertaining to Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning, and build capacity in the regional office and country missions.
If you are a procedure-driven, analytical, methodological, and organised executive; who enjoys working independently; with a keen eye for detail; and great communication skills, then this is the role for you!
What you will do
- Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning systems, standard operation procedures, guides, and tools development and implementation.
- Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning planning and execution.
- Programme design and proposals discussions.
- Evaluations, assessments, and monitoring data implementation, dissemination, and use.
- Organisational learning contribution.
- Training and capacity building of Programme and Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Staff.
- Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning staffing structure and resourcing contribution.
What you will bring
- Monitoring and Evaluation capacity and systems development experience in an international NGO, in an emergency/post-conflict context.
- Monitoring and Evaluation principles and current approaches expertise, in relief and development programmes.
- Data and information needs understanding.
- Asia Countries (Afghan and Rohingya) context exposure and knowledge, pertaining to displacement and humanitarian needs.
- English fluency, both written and verbal.
What makes this position attractive?
- The Asia Region for NRC comprises of a vast geographical area, and a diverse operating environment, encompassing a complex and multi-faceted set of humanitarian and recovery response needs in countries that are either fragile, environmentally vulnerable, or both, spanning two distinct displacement crises – Afghan and Rohingya. The Asia Regional Office is currently based in NRC’s Head Office of Oslo, covering two sub-regions: South-Central Asia (Afghanistan, Iran, and potentially Pakistan) and South-East Asia (Myanmar and Bangladesh).
- This is an opportunity to engage in meaningful work that responds to the diverse needs, priorities, and concerns raised by beneficiary communities.
- The Asia Region is overseeing the Country Offices and their operations and provides strategic guidance across programmes, advocacy, and support functions. The Regional Programme Unit, supports with development of capacity in core competencies and cross-cutting themes, working collaboratively and in a matrix structure with the Heads of Programme in Country Offices and Regional Office Units, the Regional Support Unit, Regional Advocacy, and the Global Programme Development and Support Section. The Regional Programme Unit also takes lead regionally on donor relations, monitoring and evaluation, and other specialist areas.
- The Regional Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning function is responsible for the implementation of the Global Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Framework, and strategy, policy, guidelines, and technical developments in the region, as well as development and implementation of the regional strategic direction and priorities.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility.
What we offer
- Oslo, Norway duty station, preferably.
- Permanent contract.
- 30% travel, approximately.
- Grade 7 in NRC’s Salary Scale, with accompanying terms and conditions. NRC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality, and physical ability.
- We think outside the box, encourage ideas, and give responsibility to all employees at all levels. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org