Position Title: Program Manager, Enactus United States
Location: Resolution Project Headquarters at 370 Lexington Avenue, New York, NY
Environment: Hybrid (In NYC office 1-2 days/week - ability to have up to 90 days fully remote at the start of the role if moving from outside of NYC area) in NYC
Classification: Exempt, full-time
Compensation: $71,000 - $77,000 / year
Reporting To: Director of Programs
Start Date: March 2024
Enactus is a global network of leaders committed to using business as a catalyst for positive social and environmental impact. We educate, inspire, and support young people to use innovation and entrepreneurship to solve the world’s biggest problems. Each year, across more than 1,000 campuses in 33+ countries, we educate tens of thousands of college and university students. These young people launch entrepreneurial initiatives to help people, the planet, and our shared prosperity, impacting the lives of 13.1 million people.
For 47 years, Enactus has been preparing next generation leaders with a head for business and a heart for the world. Our global team contributes to this work through:
- Accelerating the pace of change by strengthening the capacity of our network country offices
- Sharing learnings & innovations across boundaries
- Providing students with global learning experiences
Enactus was originally founded in the United States in 1975 and the USA is now one of 33 countries from around the world that operates an Enactus program. The Enactus United States National Exposition (USA Expo) is an event each spring where teams showcase the collective impact of their community outreach efforts in a multi-day competition.
The Program Manager of Enactus United States will join a growing team to help ensure the achievement of key objectives for the organization, with specific duties related to Enactus United States faculty and student team support and heavy responsibilities in event management, especially around the annual United States Expo, which will be held this year May 13-15 at the University of Texas at Austin. This role will entail strategic planning, management, and operational oversight, during an exciting time of rebuilding and redirecting the organization during a transitional year.
This role focuses on creatively engaging our community of faculty members, student teams, and other stakeholders at over 50 universities to deepen the connection of the network to help young leaders everywhere use innovation and business skills to ensure that all people thrive in a sustainable world. They will work with the Enactus United States & Global team to develop strong strategies to engage our community and provide services to its diverse groups of constituents. This position offers the opportunity to make a significant impact on communities and develop young leaders who are dedicated to solving the world’s biggest problems.
This position will mostly focus on Enactus United States, but given the small programmatic team with colleagues also working with Enactus Global, will also have work responsibilities supporting Global objectives, especially around the Enactus World Cup, which will be held this year in Astana, Kazakhstan.
The candidate must have a flexible schedule, be prepared to join meetings and conference calls earlier and later than regular business hours – including some weekends, and must be able to travel several times each year domestically, including for the USA Expo May 13-15, and potentially also internationally (will require a passport and/or real ID, once that is a US requirement for air travel).
Work collaboratively with professional staff, faculty, students, and volunteers to support programmatic goals and organizational growth as follows:
- Work with the Director of Programs and Interim CEO to develop and implement innovative strategies to strengthen our USA programs and increase opportunities for Enactus students in the United States.
- Manage multiple interconnected projects, ensuring cohesive progress towards our overarching goals and adjusting strategies as necessary.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with faculty, educational institutions, volunteers, and other partners to enhance program impact on students.
- Support the selection, management, and communications of the Enactus United States Advisory Council.
- Along with the Program Coordinator, Enactus United States, organize in-person and virtual events focused on community engagement, attend periodic site visits when possible, and support other programmatic activities as needed.
Impact Evaluation & Data
- Monitor and evaluate program performance, ensuring that goals are met and adapting strategies for continuous improvement.
- Work with the Enactus Program team to ensure effective data management, including updating database records, generating reports, updating the website, and handling tracking in all relevant documents.
- Serve on a core team planning all national events, with the group focused on creating a strong agenda that is well-aligned with event goals, managing event logistics to ensure a smooth and enjoyable experience for every type of attendee, ensuring Enactus competition elements are well in line with Global standards, suggesting content and entertainment for opening/closing/and other ceremonies, and executing on other event strategy and logistical items as assigned.
- Work with the Program Coordinator, Enactus United States to schedule and support speakers, panelists, partner attendees, and guests for all in-person and virtual events for the community, supporting similar tasks for Global events, as needed.
- Serve as a point person for all Enactus United States events, and support on-site activities for Global programs.
- With the Program Coordinator, coordinate and attend site visits for in-person events as needed to develop relationships with local vendors and prepare to ensure smooth and successful events.
- Develop and coordinate sending of email communications, webinars, and any other messaging for faculty and students in the lead-up to events to ensure they have the information they need to attend and be prepared for the in-person experience.
- Serve as a point person for faculty event questions ahead of the event.
- Coordinate post-event surveying, data collection, and analysis for Enactus United States events.
- Oversee staff, volunteer, and special guest scheduling, travel, logistics, and follow-up, as needed.
- Manage and support the professional growth of the Program Coordinator, Enactus United States.
Other related duties, as assigned.
- At least five years of relevant work experience.
- Extremely organized with meticulous attention to detail and follow through.
- Ability to both work well independently and seek support and points of escalation when needed.
- High level of professional communication with good interpersonal skills to work closely with staff and students from a variety of backgrounds.
- Ability to handle sensitive information about team members, methodologies, etc. with discretion and good judgment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Application Suites with a high level of general computer competency.
- Commitment to the principles of inclusion, diversity, equity, access, and learning.
- Enactus requires that all staff be fully vaccinated with an FDA or WHO-authorized Covid vaccine (or approved for an exemption as a reasonable accommodation due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief). We abide by each state’s requirements and acknowledge those may change over time. If moved forward to the phone screen stage, you will have the chance to ask a team member more about this requirement.
- Prior staff management experience.
- Prior event management experience.
- Familiarity/experience with Salesforce or other CRM (training available).
- Passionate about young people making an impact, and commitment to social change and social enterprise.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org