The Climate Alliance European Secretariat (Brussels Office) is offering a Community and Network Development traineeship. The successful candidate will join the highly motivated and multilingual Brussels team to work on the European Climate Pact in close collaboration with the project managers.
The European Climate Pact is a movement of people united around a common cause – tackling the climate emergency, each taking steps in their own worlds to build a more sustainable Europe. Launched by the European Commission, the Pact is part of the European Green Deal and is helping the EU to meet its goal to become climate-neutral by 2050. Climate Alliance is part of the Pact Secretariat, and by joining our team you would support the implementation of our approach to citizen engagement activities. Description of desired results. Under the supervision of the project managers, the trainee will provide support in the following areas:
- Assist with logistical and organizational tasks, such as communication to Climate Pact Ambassadors, Country Coordinators and Project Partners, organization of project-related online and in-person events (such as the Ambassador Forum, Community Talks, capacity building workshops, partner meetings, third-party policy conferences, etc.);
- Assisting in the production of publications, reports, infographics and other visual content;
- Data management and maintenance of Community databases (CRM, Ambassador tracker, skills databases…);
- Assisting the Climate Pact Secretariat in developing a menu of citizen engagement activities and tools.
Studies and technical skills:
- Bachelor or Master Degree in strategic political sciences, sociology, communication, journalism, environmental studies or any related fields;
- Excellent editing and writing skills in English. Additional languages are an asset;
- Basic knowledge of EU policy-making and EU climate policy;
- Ability to translate technical information into engaging content;
- Experience in managing social media;
- Basic knowledge of graphic designs skills and tools. Experience in translating texts into visual communication;
- Hands-on experience with hosting meetings/activities at Zoom platform;
- Knowledge of EU Survey is an asset.
- Strong motivation to work in a non-profit environment and shared values with Climate Alliance;
- Interest and/or experience in energy transition, climate change and sustainability;
- Interest and/or experience with citizen engagement, participatory methods and (online) tools;
- Team player, proactive and interested to learn new skills;
- Systemic as well as out-of-the-box thinker;
- Dynamic, pro-active and quick-starter;
- Excellent organisational skills, high attention to details and ability to multitask.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org