Do you share our passion for the environment and technology to decarbonise the way we use transportation? Do you know how environmental and economic policy at EU level can transform markets and have knowledge of, or an interest in, aviation, sustainable fuels and how they are created? If you do this may well be the job for you. We are looking for an Aviation Policy Manager to join our aviation team.
The role focuses on decarbonising the aviation industry via European and international regulations. The work will focus on the economic and industrial policies needed to make the aviation industry more sustainable, especially through sustainable aviation fuels, while holding the sector accountable for its climate impact. You will preferably work from Brussels and be line-managed by the Aviation Director.
The role will involve:
- Developing and leading parts of T&E’s aviation advocacy work, on making aviation’s climate transition sustainable, with a specific focus on deploying clean fuels;
- Contributing to the aviation’s team post-Fit For 55 strategy by proposing new areas of focus and developing work programmes on new or existing topics to maximise the deployment of sustainable fuels for aviation;
- Supporting the development of T&E’s positioning on issues related to sustainable fuels for aviation, including identifying, commissioning and delivering impactful research tailored to the needs of the aviation campaigns with minimal supervision;
- Nourishing and expanding the working relationships T&E has with European, national and international institutional representatives who are working on decarbonising aviation;
- Building formal and informal coalitions with key industry players in the aviation industry on topics of interest;
- Coordinating activities with other environmental and civil society organisations as well as T&E members and liaising timely & effectively with other T&E teams;
- Responding to and generating media interest in sustainable aviation policies, creating and reacting to opportunities to further promote T&E’s work;
- Speaking and (re)presenting T&E’s advocacy work in industry, policy or NGOs events;
- Identifying fundraising opportunities and delivering impactful pitches to potential funders while ensuring existing funding streams are catered for;
- Supporting the overall management of the team.
The successful candidate will be expected to work independently, but under the guidance of T&E’s Aviation Director and team, aiming to achieve T&E’s overall objectives.
Need to have:
- At least six years of relevant experience, in influencing climate, energy or transport policy at European or national level. If you have less experience, let us know how your experiences can contribute to this role;
- Strong project management skills, prioritisation and delivering to tight deadlines and experience in advocacy campaign development;
- Enjoy collaborating in a team and contribute to the personal development of your colleagues;
- Strong communication skills, with experience in communicating to a diverse audience.
Good to have:
- Experience in working within and/or around the EU institutions or national institutions;
- Knowledge of the aviation and/or fuels sector;
- Existing networks in the environmental or aviation community;
- Fluency in another language than English (or more);
- Experience in being a spokesperson or managing media requests.
The role is based at our office in Brussels, with some home-working expected. A flexible working hours arrangement can be implemented.
To apply, please submit your CV and motivation letter on jobs.transportenvironment.org.
The deadline for this role is February 18.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org