DevWorks International was founded in 2011 and brings together a core team of solutions-oriented development professionals with expertise across technical areas and geographies. We deliver market-based solutions across five areas: agriculture, water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH), youth, governance, and natural resource management. Our approach is grounded in private sector engagement and improved service delivery, while building local capacity through ongoing partnerships and relationships.
Location: Washington, DC/Bethesda, MD, partially remote (1-2 days in office); remote position negotiable
•Project Oversight: Provide leadership and strategic direction for USAID-funded projects from the organization's home office.
•Compliance and Reporting: Ensure strict compliance with USAID regulations, guidelines, and reporting requirements. Prepare and submit all necessary reports accurately and on time.
•Budget Management: Manage project budgets, monitor financial performance, and work closely with finance and accounting teams to ensure proper financial management and reporting.
•Risk Assessment and Mitigation: Identify potential project risks and develop mitigation strategies to minimize negative impacts on project outcomes.
•Stakeholder Engagement: Collaborate with project partners, government agencies, and other stakeholders to foster strong relationships and ensure project alignment with local priorities.
•Quality Assurance: Monitor project activities and outputs to maintain high-quality standards and achieve project objectives.
•Capacity Building: Identify capacity-building needs within project teams and work with project and organizational leadership to develop training plans to enhance staff skills and knowledge.
•Proposal Development: Contribute to the development of proposals for new USAID-funded projects, including technical and budgetary components.
•Knowledge Sharing: Stay updated on best practices, trends, and innovations in international development and USAID project management and share this knowledge with the organization.
• Bachelor's degree in international development, public administration, or a related field required; advanced degree preferred.
• Minimum of seven years of experience in managing USAID-funded projects.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Exceptional leadership and team management abilities.
• Strong understanding of USAID regulations and compliance requirements.
• Proven experience in budget management and financial oversight.
• Excellent project management skills, including risk assessment and mitigation.
• Ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment and with diverse stakeholders.
• Demonstrated strong analytical capability and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks.
• Professional-level oral and written fluency in English required, fluency in French preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; experience using project management software preferred.
• Willingness to travel internationally, as needed.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org