As Senior Consortium Coordinator, your key objective will be to lead the consortium project in all its component, to represent the consortium externally, to make sure that the consortium project activities are implemented in a coordinated, efficient, effective, timely and qualitative manner. You will be the guarantor of effective and qualitative internal and external information management according to internal consortium agreed guidelines and donor requirements.
For this purpose, you will be responsible for:
- Multi-Agency Team coordination and external representation: You will make sure that all teams (support, technical, implementation…) involved in the consortium project activities are held accountable on their objectives pertaining to the consortium project and alert the Consortium Steering Committee on issues faced. You will externally represent the consortium towards local and national authorities, donor, clusters, humanitarian coordination bodies.
- Program coordination: You will supervise the activities and make sure they are implemented in a timely and professional manner, according to objectives, goals and indicators, in line with donor requirements and based on beneficiary needs.
- Strategy definition: You will lead and propose to SC regular assessment of the needs, analysis of the situation, re-orientation of the project according to all partner strategies. You will advocate towards partners, donors or any third party to prioritize consortium project agenda.
- Support coordination: You will ensure regular follow up of financial, logistic and HR means and resources allocated to the project.
- Grants, audit and compliance management: You will coordinate with relevant partners persons the audit response, spot check, or other type of control. You will ensure respect of donor grants award contract as well as Partnership agreements.
- Team management: You will manage a team with dedicated expertise in finance, logistics, communication, grants, programs, MEAL. You will organize the work, roles and responsibilities and ensure proper transparent communication towards Steering Committee.
What you will need to succeed:
- You hold a Master’s degree in project management, political sciences, international development, humanitarian studies, public administration, social science or relevant areas, or have an equivalent professional experience.
- You are strengthened by minimum 2 years of experience in a similar role and/or areas of multi-sector program coordination, have an experience in directly supervising and coordinating diverse teams (implementation/quality teams) and in coordinating multi-agency teams and/or interventions. All the better if you have a past work experience and/or knowledge of donor compliance requirements. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
Knowledge and skills
- You have a strong knowledge of donor requirements (procedures, reporting…), a solid experience in writing, reviewing and editing narrative and financial reports, an excellent attention to detail, and an extensive knowledge in Project Cycle Management (including activities, budgets, logistics…). You also have a strong experience in negotiation and diplomacy, and a previous experience in managing teams with no direct hierarchy link.
- You have a proven capacity for analysing and synthetizing comprehensive information and technical data, are able to write and edit reports under deadline pressure and to guarantee effective and timely outputs. You have good communication skills for public presentations, are self-motivated, flexible and adaptable to the needs of the team and organization, proven management abilities, as well as problem solving and leadership skills. You can work autonomously and collaboratively as part of a diverse team and manage a varied workload, and have a willingness to live and work in insecure/secluded environment with strong movement restrictions. Also, regular field visits (if security allows) to implementation areas are necessary, you will travel significantly within the country. You have strong computer skills essential, including ability to operate Microsoft Word, Excel, database management software, statistical packages, and GIS.
- You must have strong command in writing and editing documents in English.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org