CONCORD is seeking a highly motivated and exceptionally well-organised Governance and Fundraising Adviser who would relish the opportunity to support the Director of a fast-paced and agile Secretariat on all governance-related work and fundraising. The post-holder will also work closely with the CONCORD Board so that they can collaborate effectively and strategically with the Director and Member Delegates to increase our reach and impact. This will include reflecting on topics of strategic importance for the Board, convening and organising our quarterly Board meetings and annual General Assembly, ensuring timely follow-up and communication between all relevant actors (Members, Delegates, Secretariat etc.), and overseeing respect of our statutes. The role also includes providing strategic support and advice regarding fundraising opportunities, outreach to potential donors and conducting due diligence in order to support CONCORD’s Director to increase and diversify our funds.
CONCORD is governed by a General Assembly made up of 57 Member Delegates and by a democratically elected Board which supports and oversees the work of the Secretariat and gives strategic direction to the Confederation to ensure our continued relevance and impact. The post-holder will work closely with both bodies to facilitate their work, by providing continuous support during before and after their meetings and overseeing CONCORD's legal obligations from a governance perspective.
Key areas of responsibility
- Acts as the guardian of our Statutes, Internal Regulations and Annexes such that they are correctly implemented and accessible to Delegates at all times;
- Ensures that CONCORD complies and keeps up-to-date with Belgian legislation from a governance perspective: reviewing our statutes when necessary with the help of a lawyer and by keeping our legal and statutory records updated with the relevant authorities: Moniteur Belge, Ultimate Beneficial Owners (UBO) register, Banque Carrefour des Entreprises (BCE) and Transparency Register;
- Draws up the agenda for and attends and minutes all Board and ExCo meetings, working closely with the Director to ensure timely preparation, strategic discussions and appropriate follow up;
- Ensures relevant information, decisions and action points are circulated between the Board, Secretariat and Members and maintains all internal and external records pertaining to our governance structures (Board members election profiles and mandates, our Governance library, CONCORD’s guides for delegates, etc.);
- Coordinates the production of CONCORD’s Annual Report;
- Manages the governance-related budget and ensures all finance procedures are respected.
General Assembly Management
- Organises and convenes the annual General Assembly from start to finish, strategising on the theme of the GA, reflecting on methodologies for working sessions, coordinating the logistics, enlisting the help of all team members, and liaising closely with the Director, Head of Finance and Membership Adviser to ensure all preparatory work and follow-up is looked after in compliance with our statutory obligations.
- Provides strategic support to the Director to identify fund-raising opportunities, ensuring timely and relevant information is provided: researching potential donors, keeping track of possible funding opportunities or leads; sets up meetings etc.;
- Conducts due diligence and preparing documentation for Board discussions;
- Supports proposal writing.
The successful candidate will understand and be committed to CONCORD’s vision and goals in addition to the following:
- Academic background or professional experience in governance or in non-profit administration or in another relevant field;
- Fluency in French and English is a must;
- Computer literate, including management of database, G-Suite tools and MS Office suite.
- At least 4 years of professional experience (excluding student internships and traineeships) either supporting a busy Director and/or Board, preferably in the non-profit sector, or taking care of the legal aspects of running an organisation and organising key events;
- A legal background would be extremely helpful;
- Experience in working in an NGO, whether in Europe or elsewhere would be an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and collegial approach, able to relate to people from diverse backgrounds with different needs;
- Strong planning, organisational and multi-tasking skills;
- Team player; proactive; self-starter;
- Problem-solver: able to identify issues and problems and propose solutions;
- Discretion: able to handle confidential and sensitive information;
- Ability to work with legal texts;
- Ability to work quickly and responsively with an eye for detail.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org