Ergo is a global intelligence and advisory firm specializing in due diligence, competitive intelligence, and geopolitical analysis in the world’s most challenging geographies. We have unique assets and capabilities across emerging and frontier markets in industries such as oil and gas, agriculture, infrastructure, financial services, and aerospace and defense. Our clients include leading private equity firms, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, multinational corporations, and law firms.
Work at Ergo is exciting and challenging and offers the opportunity to conduct in-depth analysis, primary research, and consulting on a wide range of issues of interest to international investors and corporations. This is a demanding position in which you will work with our research team to understand our clients' questions and then lead the process to discover the answers.
Ergo seeks a geopolitical analyst of the very highest caliber to join its New York City office. Applicants must have full-time work availability and authorization in New York City, and professional proficiency in at least one language other than English. Recent graduates from top undergraduate and graduate programs.
This is a great opportunity to rapidly absorb rare insights on compelling issues and build a remarkable skill set performing a range of critical roles and responsibilities, including:
* Helping leading investment analysts and corporate leaders leverage primary research to make better decisions
* Interviewing leading subject matter experts from our global network to extract critical insights into client questions
* Recruiting world-class global subject matter experts into the Ergo network and for participation in Ergo client projects
* Monitoring and regularly reporting on complex political, economic, and security dynamics in challenging countries
* Conducting due diligence investigations on companies and individuals through the use of primary and secondary sources
* Writing, analyzing, synthesizing, and presenting complex findings to meet high standards
* Working closely with Ergo's research and executive teams
* Interacting with leaders and front-line managers in global policy and industries
Ideal candidates will have completed an undergraduate or graduate degree with an emphasis on business and/or international affairs and fluency in at least one language besides English. Previous internship or work experience in security policy, consulting, risk analysis, sell-side research, or international business is a plus.
Candidates are expected to demonstrate a genuine interest in international affairs and emerging markets. Self-starters with demonstrated passion and drive are especially encouraged to apply.
Candidates must have:
*A strong academic record
* Absolute integrity
* A positive attitude
* Superior communication and oral/written presentation skills
* A desire to work hard in a rewarding atmosphere
* A personal and work history that shows honesty, discipline, initiative, creativity and a very strong intellect
* A proven capacity to research, write and present complex material
* The ability to work well with a team
* Solid facility with Microsoft Office (familiarity with Adobe Design Suite is a plus)
* A minimum GPA of 3.5 in college and/or grad school
Please send resume, cover letter, and writing sample to [email protected] with “Geopolitical Analyst” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
To learn more about Ergo, please visit our website at http://www.ergo.net.