A successful applicant will gain operational visibility and experience by playing a part in all phases of the intelligence life cycle. In addition, we expect our analysts to be able to deliver clear and concise verbal and written briefings to internal and external customers when required. If you're an exceptional, enthusiastic, and committed analyst with a penchant for great customer service, this may be the job for you! Our team offers opportunities to collaboratively learn from each other and progress within the company. We're looking for a true team player who is a self-motivated and quick learner with exceptional writing skills to begin providing meaningful contributions from Day 1 to an already high-performing UK Intelligence Operations Team.
We're ambitious for our people, not just our company. We set bold goals and nurture exceptional talent. But we have fun too and look for the right attitude and potential. This spirit of commitment is what binds us together.
Applicants must be residents of the Dallas, TX area and willing to commute daily to an office in the Dallas Metropolitan Area. Applicants must be available to interview and work in the Dallas Metro Area. This opportunity is not available for paid relocation; any relocation expenses must be borne by the job candidate. Candidate must be available for interviews immediately and willing to start soon thereafter.
Must have skills:
- A passion for both cyber security and intelligence analysis.
- A critical eye for detail, always questioning assumptions, thinking outside the box.
- Ferocious open source research skills, energy for pursuing leads, objective assessor of evidence.
- Must have clear, concise, straight to the point communication, both verbally and in writing.
- Willing to take and defend calculated risks by finding trends in disparate pieces of information, forming logical conclusions, and providing problem-solving recommendations to customers. An inquisitive and curious mindset when it comes to threat identification.
- Willing to serve in a public-facing Account Management capacity by serving as a conduit between internal business units and the customer to provide excellent client support.
- Able to deliver clear and concise verbal as well as written briefings to internal and external customers when necessary.
- Graduate - or Spring 2016 graduate - of humanities or related degree (i.e. History, International Relations, Intelligence/National Security, Politics, Computer Science, Cyber Security).
- Strong academics (at least a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale) or relevant industry experience.
- Comfortable working with technology.
- Available for full time work which may include shift work or non-standard hours, covering evenings or weekends.
- Available for interviews in Dallas, April through June 2016, and available to start soon thereafter.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Although the position is not deep dive technical, we highly value familiarity with internet technologies - TCP/IP in general, scripting, understanding of social media, dark web, etc
- Experience with open source intelligence (e.g., not simply using social media for personal use. Aggregating information from various social media platforms to identify threats or targeting, formulate logical conclusions, and offer prescriptive mitigation) or investigatory experience.
- Language skills (particularly Russian, Arabic, German, Swedish, Japanese or Mandarin) are highly desired.
- Master's Degree in Information Security or cyber security is an added plus.
- Cyber security certifications such as CEH, and Security+ are an advantage.
- Experience of using analytical tools such as i2, Palantir or Maltego.
- Knowledge of cyber-actors, tactics, techniques and procedures.
- Competitive benefits package.
- Flexible working conditions and hours.
- Fun, new and growing office in Dallas.
- Future career prospects and further training opportunities.
- Salary is negotiable on, and commensurate with, experience.
This is an amazing opportunity for someone looking to kick-start their career in the cyber intelligence space or grow their existing infosec or intelligence career in a new direction.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*