The Thomson Reuters Foundation stands for free, independent journalism, human rights, women’s empowerment, and the rule of law. We expose corruption worldwide and play a leading role in the global fight against human trafficking. We use the skills, values, and expertise of Thomson Reuters to run programmes that trigger real change and empower people around the world, including free legal assistance, journalism and media training, coverage of the world’s under-reported stories, and the Trust Conference.
The Foundation is recruiting a Community Engagement Officer for TrustLaw. The position will be based in the Thomson Reuters Canary Wharf office in London and is responsible for supporting our global membership engagement strategy.
TrustLaw is the Thomson Reuters Foundation's global pro bono service that connects NGOs and social enterprises with the best law firms around the world. Launched in 2010, TrustLaw has grown to include over 4,000 members in 170 countries, including over 700 law firms and in-house legal teams and over 3,500 NGO and social enterprise members. Our mission is to spread the practice of pro bono worldwide to drive social change.
Community Engagement Officer, TrustLaw - JREQ090338
Based in London, the successful candidate will have a strong communications background and will support TrustLaw’s membership engagement, assist with the project management of our annual TrustLaw Awards event ceremony and other events and improve our communications with our network of 4,000 members.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Supporting the ongoing development and implementation of a global membership engagement strategy for TrustLaw’s 4,000+ law firm, legal team, NGO, social enterprise and referral partner members.
- Supporting TrustLaw regional Hubs to meet their own member engagement objectives.
- Supporting the engagement goals of TrustLaw’s large scale legal research publications and related events and devising ways to communicate this work.
- Updating and developing hard copy and digital marketing materials to promote TrustLaw’s programme.
- Assisting with the project management of the annual TrustLaw Awards and other events in our calendar.
- Seeking out and developing fruitful relationships with potential partners and members to further the mission of TrustLaw.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experience working directly in a communications environment or PR agency, preferably in the NGO or social impact space.
- An understanding of best practice in digital communication, including websites; intranets; e-marketing; and social media.
- An exceptional communicator fluent in English with strong writing and editing skills to create engaging copy for print and digital resources.
- An understanding and interest in the social and policy issues that TrustLaw endeavours to support.
- Strong organisational and project management skills with experience managing events and opportunities for a wide membership base.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Practical experience implementing communications plans to communicate technical and complicated information effectively to achieve agreed objectives.
- Experience working in a team and with people at all levels of the organisation, as well as external stakeholders.
- An enthusiastic self-starter, able to generate new ideas and carry them through to completion.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Fluency in additional languages highly desirable.
- Willingness to travel internationally.
- Experience using Salesforce
- An undergraduate degree in communications, media or public relations.
Salary: The salary is relative to the charitable sector and will be commensurate with experience.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*