We are looking for an enthusiastic Digital & Social Media Editor, who will be responsible for coordinating, editing, and generally managing Radio Farda’s social media presence (Twitter, Facebook, Telegram, Instagram and other as the market demands) and for engagement with audiences across these platforms. In this position you will play a lead role in Persian-language new media and digital initiatives and coordinate closely with Web Team and other Radio Farda teams. The Digital & Social Media Editor develops effective impact measurement techniques, develops/aids in the creation and distribution of content on social media. Native level Persian and professional level English language knowledge required.
- Coordinates, edits, and generally manages Radio Farda’s social media presence and engagement with audiences across these platforms. Works with Radio Farda web team on day-to-day and special digital initiatives and new content delivery strategies.
- Manages the Social Media digital team and develops effective impact measurement techniques, best practices, and identifies content for production.
- Develops new strategies for distributing content and engaging with audience online, and measuring impact of such initiatives. Works with broadcasters and journalists to determine (and develop, where appropriate) stories meriting wider distribution.
- Works with the Digital team to create journalistically accurate content that maximizes the potential engagement.
- Works with the TV Producers for re-formatting of TV content for Social Media.
- Journalism, international relations or related field MA - Master degree (Mandatory)
- Digital media/journalism/communications experience and expertise in a fast-paced organization with tight deadlines. (Mandatory)
- Broad, thorough and detailed knowledge of Iranian political, economic, and social issues and conditions as well as international affairs acquired through work, studies, research, writing and travel experience. (Desirable)
- Team management experience 2-5 years (Highly Desirable)
- Digital story telling techniques knowledge (Mandatory)
- High level knowledge of Digital Tools for content creation (Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop and Dreamweaver) (Mandatory)
- Experience in organizing, running and evaluating digital initiatives of small and large scale in local and international environment. (Mandatory)
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in communication strategies, including communication policies development. (Mandatory)
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of journalism, proper use of new and more traditional communications channels, having a solid communication and marketing background. (Mandatory)
- Previous experience working in a multicultural or a multinational environment; or experience living and working abroad (Mandatory)
- Strong ability to establish contacts, work with and further develop media affiliates network in international environment. Experience in fostering key relationships. (Mandatory)
- Strong ability in creative Persian writing for social media. (Mandatory)
WHAT WE OFFER:
We offer a competitive salary, a chance to work in a multinational environment in Prague, one of the most beautiful cities in Europe, and a benefits package that includes relocation, paid housing, medical coverage, an attractive retirement savings package, home leave benefits for expatriates, visa support, and tuition for dependent children.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English, including in the subject line the vacancy number BPE1100-1702.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*