We are expanding our services, and to support this growth, we are looking for several Programme Managers and/or Senior Programme Managers to join our Policy Implementation and Programmes line of business. The team provides technical assistance, network support and other implementation services to European Union (EU) institutions, particularly the European Commission, as well as government organisations in the UK. Our current portfolio of work includes, inter alia, delivery of the Mutual Learning Services Framework Contract for employment and social inclusion; Secretariat for the European Credit system for Vocational Education and Training; European Migration Network; European Centre of Expertise on labour market policy and labour law; Undeclared Work Platform; and training programme for the EU Aid Volunteers Initiative.
The Programme Manager/Senior Programme Manager will, depending on their experience and our portfolio of contracts oversee day-to-day management of our programmes. There will also be the opportunity to contribute to ICF’s wider portfolio of implementation and research/evaluation contracts.
These are senior positions and we are looking for individuals with at least 8 years’ professional experience for the Programme Manager position and 12 years for the Senior Programme Manager position. This experience must cover relevant policy areas, with a priority placed on employment, social inclusion, skills, vocational education and training, migration and asylum. You will also need strong project/programme management skills, ideally backed up by relevant training and/or certifications.
- You will manage the day-to-day implementation of European/UK programmes or parts of such programmes, covering both the content and organisational aspects;
- You will set up and manage formal and informal networks of government officials, experts, subcontractors and other stakeholders;
- You will be monitoring and managing large and complex budgets, and will have an understanding of different cost models;
- You will prepare key written outputs, such as contractual reports, methodological concepts and frameworks, visionary papers, analytical/evaluative pieces and other pivotal documents for the client;
- You will also oversee and quality assure written outputs produced by other team members and experts, such as event reports, toolkits, guidance notes, background papers, good practice fiches, evaluations, ad-hoc studies, etc.;
- You will have responsibility for key activities and deliverables, including the:
- Organisation of meetings and events, ranging from small workshops and study visits, through to large-scale seminars and conferences;
- Management of networks, working groups and other collaborative structures;
- Management of helpdesk and secretariat services;
- Communications aspects of programmes, such as websites, portals/repositories, newsletters, graphic work of publications, etc.;
- Management of other activities relevant to each programme.
- You will also need to contribute to business development through capture of key opportunities and proposal-writing.
- You will need at least 8 years of professional experience for the Programme Manager position or a minimum of 12 for the Senior Programme Manager position;
- You will be an experienced project/programme manager, ideally backed up by relevant training and/or certifications, such as Prince 2, PMP, PMI, etc.;
- You will have experience in managing multi-national and multi-disciplinary teams of more than 5 people, preferably in the context of European networks, working groups and other collaborative structures;
- You should have some knowledge of communications methods and tools in the context of disseminating outputs;
- You will have a track record in leading or contributing to capture and proposal-writing to win new work;
- You will have a commitment to the progression and development of junior research/other staff and be comfortable working with all levels of internal staff, as well as clients and sub-contractors;
- You should be willing and available to travel within Europe, as required.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*