In an increasingly complex and changing world, we believe that a peaceful and engaged Asia is of critical global importance. We work with innovative leaders and communities to build effective institutions and advance path-breaking reforms. Together with our partners, we are committed to Asia’s continued development as a peaceful, just, and thriving region of the world. Informed by six decades of experience and deep local expertise, The Asia Foundation’s programs address critical issues affecting Asia in the 21st century: governance and law, economic development, women's empowerment, environment, and regional cooperation. These are just some of the ways we encourage Asia's continued development as a peaceful, just, and thriving region of the world.
The Office of the President (OP) is seeking an experienced and action-oriented Executive Assistant to provide professional and administrative support for the President of The Asia Foundation. This highly visible, “client-facing” position is a key member of Team OP, the front office operations of a large international non-profit organization. Work is performed under the supervision of the Special Assistant to the President.
SPECIFIC TASKS INCLUDE:
• Serve as liaison for internal and external constituencies on matters pertaining to the President; represent Foundation externally with Board of Trustees, donors, partners, and high-level visitors.
• Manage President’s day-to-day calendar, schedule meetings, coordinate briefing materials, and ensure smooth logistics that maximize President’s time and efficiency.
• Arrange travel logistics for President and Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer including applying for visas, purchasing flights, submitting expense reports, preparing materials, etc.
• Assist the Special Assistant in Board Meeting planning, logistics, and follow-up.
• Manage administrative functions for the Office of the President including maintaining mailing, filing, and supply system in a timely manner.
• Compose and edit routine correspondence and internal communications requested by the President.
• Answer phone calls for the President; screen and identify callers; schedule calls, and Skype meetings.
• Serve as a back-up to Special Assistant to the President, and provide occasional back-up support to the Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer.
• Cover the front desk from time to time for receptionist.
• Carry out special projects and initiatives as needed.
Works closely with the President, Office of the President team, Senior Leadership, Washington and San Francisco office staff, Program/Theme Directors, Country Representatives and Deputy Country Representatives, and other units in the Foundation (e.g., Global Communications, Resource Development, and public fundraising teams).
Frequent contact with Board of Trustees and high-level visitors, including donors, corporate leaders, heads of organizations, partner organizations, senior government officials, diplomats, journalists, and foreign dignitaries; travel agents, airlines and hotel representatives for travel.
Five years experience working as an administrative assistant. Strong preference for candidates with experience working with senior executives.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org