The International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance — International IDEA is an intergovernmental organization that supports sustainable democracy worldwide. International IDEA’s mission is to support sustainable democratic change by providing comparative knowledge, and assisting in democratic reform, and influencing policies and politics.
International IDEA acts as a catalyst for democracy building; by providing knowledge resources, policy proposals and supporting democratic reforms in response to specific national requests. It works together with policy makers, governments, UN organizations and agencies and regional organizations engaged in the field of democracy building.
International IDEA develops, shares and enables the use of comparative knowledge in its key areas of expertise: electoral processes,constitution building,political participation and representation, democracy and development and democracy assessments.
It also addresses the important issues of gender, diversity, and conflict and security as they relate to democracy.
International IDEA is based in Stockholm, Sweden, and works worldwide through offices in New York, Brussels, The Hague, Latin America, Africa and Asia.
This post is for one (1) year to cover parental leave.
The HR Unit provides the organization with both strategic and day-to-day HR support. The ability of the HR team to perform and to act as role models of integrity and stability is key to its reputation and success within the organization. They operate in compliance with organizational rules and regulations and actively contribute to the overall smooth running of the Executive Division, working in a collaborative manner with other team members and ensuring timely and accurate provision of expert information to the organization.
The success of International IDEA is dependent on a capable and highly qualified workforce that is multi-skilled, diverse, mobile and able to work across disciplines. The Recruitment Officer is responsible for the full complement of recruitment activities to attain this. S/he implements key aspects of workforce planning, specifically through establishing recruitment requirements and developing effective recruitment plans and strategies. Acting as an HR Business Partner s/he collaborates with managers and teams, applying HR management principles and practices in a manner which establishes rapport, trust, confidence and credibility, helping to create a high-performance, sustainable organization that meets its strategic and operational goals and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops the annual recruitment plan; Provides guidance to hiring managers on the application of policy and process; Collaborates with hiring managers to identify recruiting needs; Ensures the full recruitment process is compliant with organizational policy;
- Prepares classification analysis of posts; Assess posts to develop job descriptions and candidate profiles, including competencies and skills required; Aligns candidate profiles with staffing and operational goals and objectives;
- Develops recruitment networks and ensures the widest possible dissemination, targeting appropriate audiences; Sources applicants through various methods including advertising, recruiters, job sites and career fairs; Maintains effective relationships with social and professional networks to source qualified candidates;
- Pre-screens candidate applications, reviews CV’s and qualifications to determine suitability;
- Schedules and coordinates interviews with hiring managers and panels; Facilitates pre-employment testing; Provides regular updates and feedback to hiring-managers;
- Manages all communication with candidates; Informs candidates fully about the post and organization; Briefs and debriefs candidates before and after interviews;
- Manages the job offer including negotiation and administration; Determines and recommends benefits and entitlements on the basis of contractual status; Verifies references, conducts background checks; Extends offers of employment within organizational procedures; Drafts rejection letters;
- Manages the applicant tracking system; Maintains accurate and current applicant data base; Maintains recruiting metrics (cost per hire etc.);
- Manages the Internship Process, Fellowship and Secondment process; Promotes International IDEA as an employer of choice to Universities and/or Institutes;
- Manages the exit process;
- Provides advice on interpretation and application of policies, regulations and rules.
- Good knowledge of human resources policies, practices and procedures and the ability to apply them in an organizational setting;
- Is recognized as a knowledge resource in his/her broad professional community; Demonstrates professional competence of subject matter;
- Can work with minimal guidance and supervision;
- Adds value to team-based activities in his/her unit; collaborates with other entities of the Institute;
- Acts as a model or mentor for less experienced colleagues;
- Can be expected to travel globally to any geographical area involved in his/her projects;
- Follows internal procedures to ensure high standards of performance and compliance with Institutional guidelines;
- Integrates a gender and diversity perspective in all activities; Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Head of Human Resources and Organizational Development.
- Advises and supports managers and teams on workforce planning within the organization, from forecasting to recruiting, providing strategic advice to decision-makers and implementing a more strategic HR business partnering function at International IDEA;
- Has in-depth knowledge in own discipline and good understanding of related disciplines to be able to approach issues in a holistic manner.
Operational Knowledge, skills and experience
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations; Keeps up-to date with sourcing strategies and industry trends;
- Integrates a results-based approach into the design, management and evaluation of all his/her activities; Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results;
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the organizations strategy and objectives and the relevant programmatic issues;
- Illustrates integrity, a collaborative spirit, a sense of achievement, and an understanding of risk management in past experiences.
- No people management responsibility over permanent staff;
- Acts as a model and resource for colleagues;
- May assume project management responsibilities.
- Identifies and resolves complex problems; approaches issues with new perspectives; analyses situations from a multitude of intervening factors; formulate opinions, make conclusions and recommendations.
Has a clear impact on the development and delivery of projects and programmes, with a clear impact on teams and projects.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- The incumbent is expected to show a high level of professionalism, personal initiative, the ability to think both logically and creatively, a business-focused approach, high degree of organization and a commitment to continuous learning;
- Liaises to all internal and external stakeholders; acts and is perceived as an initiator of relevant communication to solve issues;
- Drives projects and assignments through communicative personal energy and engagement;
- Can explain sensitive information with diplomacy, and build consensus;
- Fluency in English is essential; Fluency in an an International IDEA priority region (Arabic, French, Spanish) is desireable.
Education and Experience
- University degree in human resources management, business management, social sciences or related field; Professional development certification in talent management, learning and development, coaching, facilitation or related discipline, considered an asset;
- A minimum of five (5) years of professional, hands-on recruitment experience, from “forecasting” to “onboarding”; Technical knowledge and skills in presenting and facilitating face-to-face and distance interviews;
- Experience in the recruitment of multi-level positions, in an international context, ideally in governmental, intergovernmental and/or non-governmental organizations;
- Excellent knowledge of the general principles of recruitment and employment legislation;
- Experience in managing applicant data bases, applicant tracking systems and candidate sourcing solutions; Good knowledge of ERP systems.
Terms of Contract
- One (1) year fixed term appointment, to cover parental leave;
- Start date 01 May 2018;
- Salary €4 745 NET per month plus benefits.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org