The Social Media Producer is responsible for identifying and producing social media and share-worthy content and will act as the point of contact on social media content and discovery. S/he will produce content by picking up trends on Persian language social media and through enterprise discovery - finding those things that haven't yet been widely discovered and giving them editorial light. The SM Producer will produce content both for the website and for direct distribution on social platforms. S/he will also keep the team updated throughout the day on trending topics and other potential stories discovered through social. To qualify for this position, candidates must have native level of Persian language and proficient knowledge of English is strongly desired.
- Produces content specifically geared for social media use across platforms.
- Produces original content in Persian both for the website and for native sharing on social media.
- Uses journalistic acumen to find stories that are both likely to be shared and meet RFE/RL standards.
- Mines the web for news leads and develops news stories.
- Works with web-ready news and feature content mixing traditional story-forms with digital and social-centric reporting.
- Keeps social media team and Radio Farda team updated throughout the day on trending topics and stories worth exploring.
- Works with Persian language web editors to promote original RFE/RL content across social media.
- Advises social media editor on planning for social and digital coverage.
- Higher education in communications or journalism or related field or the equivalent in experience.
- Knowledge of social monitoring platforms like Tweetdeck, Topsy and Storyful.
- Strong news judgment is required.
- Broad knowledge of political, economic, and social situations in the broadcast area as well as international affairs acquired through studies, research, writing, travel, or other relevant experience or exposure.
- Excellent writing in a news environment and demonstrated ability to work with social and digital media to both find content and disseminate it.
- Adapts to and works effectively within a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups. Flexibility entails understanding and appreciating different and opposing perspectives on an issue, adapting one’s approach as the requirements of a situation change, and changing or easily accepting changes in one’ s own organization or job requirements.
- Excellent teamwork and the ability to multitask and prioritize with little supervision.
- Previous experience working in a multicultural or a multinational environment; or experience living and working abroad, preferably in relevant RFE/RL target regions
- Persian (Native level), mandatory
- English language (Proficient), strongly desired
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English, including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org