Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is seeking an Associate to join the Partnerships and Programs team at the headquarters in downtown Silver Spring, Maryland.
Global Communities focuses on the world’s most vulnerable populations, working with them and their communities to achieve sustainable change improving their lives and livelihoods. The Associate for Strategic Partnerships and Private Sector Engagement serves as the principle support for the Senior Director of Strategic Partnerships and Private Sector and initiatives originating from the Partnerships office within programs, business, knowledge management, thought leadership and strategic growth. This individual is passionate about development, resourceful and a self-starter, detail oriented, and is an analytical thinker who can proactively synthesize information.
Provides appropriate coordination on projects and tasks requiring research and interactions with Global Communities staff, donors and/or consultants. Supports strategy initiatives, including meeting preparations and follow-up activities, research, reports, correspondence, and other requested items. Key to his or her success will be professional and effective communication skills and the ability to prioritize multiple competing requests.
Research and Partner Cultivation Support
• Supports the identification and preparation of pursuit of new partnership opportunities.
• Researches and drafts private sector ecosystem desk reports per country.
• Researches potential private sector partners’ Corporate Social Responsibility interests and initiatives.
• Researches and prepares backgrounders and “readaheads” for meetings.
• Reviews and maintains all administrative proposal documents, and assists in ensuring that deadlines are met.
• Conducts due diligence reports
• Participates in Strategic Partnerships team meetings which can include; partnership strategy meetings, country strategy meetings, technical strategy meetings, and meetings with prospective partners
• Undertake other research as needed
Database and Communications Support
• Functions as the liaison with IT to maintain the department’s document management systems including Salesforce and SharePoint.
• Manages the Salesforce database as it pertains to private sector engagement activities and creates pipelines based on research by location and technical area
• Updates weekly P2 brief and partnership activities.
• Supports the development of communication materials including capacity statements, program information and fact sheets, and presentations.
• Undertakes all other duties and projects as may be assigned from time to time.
Interest in private sector engagement, Corporate Social Responsibility, and the intersection of international business and development.
Excellent analytical and research skills.
Accuracy, attention to detail.
Excellent written and oral communications skills. Ability to interact with all levels of staff in a professional manner.
Works well under pressure with tight deadlines
Able to work in a team environment.
Excellent organizational skills. Ability to manage deadlines and to work independently. Ability to prioritize workload and multi-task in fast paced environment.
Fluency in English, written and oral. Abilities in a second language preferred.
Advanced computer skills in a Windows-based environment including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and SharePoint. Knowledge of Salesforce preferred.
Able and willing to travel internationally.
Ability to read and interpret documents and ability to sit at a computer and operate a keyboard.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline and at least 1 year of relevant experience supporting business development and/or partnership development experience.
• Experience writing proposals and/or grants, preferably in an international non-profit organization.
• Equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must have U.S. work authorization.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org