To support the management of youth programs focused on delivering key components of IYF’s 2022 strategy, with key objectives related to youth agency, economic opportunity (employability and entrepreneurship) and youth-inclusive systems.
· Work closely with the Regional Director and Country Office leadership to support the implementation of assigned programs to achieve program outputs and outcomes in accordance with donor expectations and regulations, award agreements, project work plans, reporting requirements and related budgets.
· Provide backstop support to country office operations and resource management in partnership with IYF’s Finance and Administration team, as well as program delivery support across IYF’s strategic objectives of youth agency, economic opportunity and systems strengthening
· Support country offices with preparing sub-grants for partners – ensuring due diligence documentation, budgeting, disbursements, technical and capacity building support, monitoring and evaluation of activities, etc., to ensure successful program delivery.
· Lead and/or support the development of programmatic resources and strategies, including toolkits, activity trackers, sustainability strategies, and assessment tools.
· Deliver program presentations to internal, domestic, and field-based stakeholders.
· Communicate effectively and collaboratively with donors, partners, relevant government authorities, private sector partners, and other key stakeholders as assigned.
· Review partner reports and lead development of quarterly and annual reports to program donors, partners, and other key stakeholders.
· Supervise program staff at the Assistant, Coordinator, or Manager levels, as assigned.
· Facilitate recruitment and hiring of field office staff.
· Participate in proposal development and related business development activities (e.g., project design, proposal writing, proposal management, and/or partnership cultivation/management).
· Support execution of IYF’s 2022 strategic plan through participation in cross-organization working group(s).
· Complete other duties as assigned.
· Strong program management, training and technical skills in areas related to youth employment, entrepreneurship and/or social entrepreneurship.
· Excellent strategic planning, presentation, team-building and interpersonal skills, as well as an analytical ability to identify and establish priorities and attend to all details in a professional manner.
· Ability to work and develop partnerships with government and corporate donors would be an asset.
· The ability to work successfully within a variety of cross-cultural settings and make judgments in a fast-paced environment.
· Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
· Verbal and written fluency in French.
· Ability to travel internationally as needed.
· Excellent computer skills using MS Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
· Master’s Degree in a field relevant to IYF’s mission and programs (Social Science, Economics, International Relations, Public Policy) preferred.
· Minimum 3-5 years experience planning and implementing multi-faceted youth education and/or employability programs, in either formal or non-formal settings in developing countries, preferably in Africa.
· Understanding and knowledge of the youth sector and issues affecting young people – including relevant performance measurement standards.
· Experience working with USAID-funded programs.
Please submit the following documents via email to [email protected] with "Program Manager-Africa" in the subject line:
IYF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are strengthened by the diversity of our colleagues, and we welcome applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences.