As part of the EU Influencing Team, the assistant will support Plan International EU Office’s work to ensure the promotion and protection of children's rights, with a focus on gender equality, is a priority in the EU's external action.
Under the supervision of and in collaboration with the Policy and Advocacy Manager and the Communications and Campaigns Coordinator:
- Support Plan International EU Office's work to advance girls' rights and gender equality in the framework of Plan International's global campaign Girls Get Equal: this can vary from online campaigns to Girls’ take-overs;
- Support Plan International EU Office’s communications and campaign work in key policy areas including Gender Equality, Youth Economic Empowerment (YEE), EU Funding (Multiannual Financial Framework, ODA), etc.;
- Support the different online activities of the EU Office (website, social media and newsletter);
- Daily monitoring of relevant news and updates from the EU Institutions and EU media;
- Liaise with Plan International’s National, Regional and Country Offices to gather information and prepare social media toolkits and case studies on EC-funded projects;
- Provide support for the organisation of events and activities, particularly relating to Plan International EU Office’s engagement in the European Development Days;
- Provide support for the organisation of both internal and external meetings, seminars, hearings and other events conducted by Plan International EU Office;
- Attend meetings and conferences of relevance to the EU Office’s work and visibility;
- Maintain and manage Plan International EU Office’s contact database and general mailbox, and provide other administrative support as required.
Skills and qualifications requirements
- A university degree in a relevant field (Communication, Journalism, International Development, European Studies, Human Rights, Political Science, etc.);
- A good understanding of EU external actions – with a focus on humanitarian aid or international cooperation and development aid;
- An enthusiasm for social media and its ability to give visibility to the EU Office’s positions;
- Experience working with CMS and/ or Wordpress;
- Ability to synthesise key information;
- Ability to consistently apply good judgement under pressure;
- Computer savvy and creative;
- Impeccable attention to detail; Flexible, proactive and resourceful with good organisational skills and the ability to manage competing priorities and meet tight deadlines in a rapidly changing environment;
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills;
- Commitment to Plan International’s vision and mission.
- Previous experience in a related field;
- Proven understanding of the links between advocacy and communications;
- A working knowledge of one or more of the following languages – eg French, German or Spanish;
- Familiarity with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and/ or InDesign.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org