The U.S. Global Leadership Coalition is seeking a creative, energetic, and detail-oriented communications professional who will serve as a Writer/Speechwriter, supporting the Chief Communications Officer and President/CEO, helping to develop a variety of executive-level communications products.
The ideal candidate will be a fast learner with exceptional written communication skills who can work well under pressure on a wide range of projects and tasks simultaneously.
The position will report to the Chief Communications Officer, but have a unique opportunity to work closely with the President/CEO on speeches, op-eds, social media, and other special projects in order to help amplify the organization’s voice. The position will reside in Washington, D.C.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Digital and Email Communications. Help drive a number of targeted email products to a variety of audiences and networks of high-level individuals.
- Op-eds and Blogs. Draft and help develop the voice of the President/CEO externally through monthly op-eds and regular blogs.
- Social Media. Help drive the President/CEO’s Twitter platform and online voice on a number of themes including foreign policy, politics, global development, women in leadership, and bipartisanship.
- Speechwriting. Draft key speeches for the President/CEO. Creativity and an innate ability to simplify policy points and stories into accessible writing are essential.
- Talking Points and Memos. Research and develop background memos and talking points for upcoming events in consultation with the Program, Policy and Development Teams.
- Event Opportunities. Proactively and creatively explore new opportunities for speaking engagements for the President/CEO.
- Research and Policy Analysis. Conduct research and analyze strategically relevant topics related to U.S. foreign policy and global development.
- At least 5 years communications and speechwriting experience for a senior executive.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative with solid social media skills on Twitter.
- Policy understanding and interest in international relations and government relations. A background in global development and politics is highly desirable, but not required.
- Experience with PowerPoint. Some graphic skills preferred.
- Ability to multitask under tight deadlines.
- Well versed in Microsoft Office Suite.
Competitive salary will be offered, commensurate with experience and qualifications. The USGLC also provides a package of benefits, including medical insurance at no cost to staff, disability insurance, paid parental leave, a retirement plan, a public transportation benefit, paid annual and sick leave and federal holidays and a number of other benefits.
Please email cover letter, resume and two recent writing samples. Please reference “Speechwriter” in the email subject line. Short listed candidates will be contacted. No calls please.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org