Banyan Global is seeking a qualified full-time Senior Learning Specialist to develop and implement a learning agenda using a collective impact approach for the U.S. Government’s Women's Global Development and Prosperity (W-GDP) Initiative. The purpose of the learning agenda is to institutionalize women’s economic empowerment to achieve stronger development and bottom-line results in all sectors across the United States Government, businesses, nonprofits, other governments, bilateral and multilateral organizations, and donors. The position is based in Washington, DC.
- Lead the collaborative development of a W-GDP learning agenda for USAID.
- Lead the implementation of the W-GDP learning agenda together with other GITA II team members.
- Serve as the key contact person on the new W-GDP community of practice.
- Develop strong communication approaches across the community of practice with USAID missions and W-GDP Incentive Fund recipients to gather learning and share widely.
- Establish key learning questions for the W-GDP community of practice.
- Support USAID operating units and missions to hold pause and reflect discussions to build understanding and consensus from the W-GDP learning agenda.
- Gather best practice evidence and findings related to W-GDP and develop tools and innovative approaches to share this learning.
- Support Banyan Global’s communication and new business activities as required.
- At least 10 years of experience in USAID or other similar institutional collaborating, learning and adapting approaches.
- Three years of experience in a supervisory position.
- Familiarity with women’s economic empowerment or gender equality programming.
- Highly knowledgeable about the use of varied digital platforms and mechanisms to support knowledge transmission and sharing.
- Master’s degree in economics or other relevant field.
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English.
- A high level of familiarity with USAID with the USAID program cycle.
- Willingness to travel abroad at 10% time (preferred).
- Excellent diplomatic and team management skills.
- Willingness to be based in Washington, DC.
- U.S. Nationals and residents of the U.S. only.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org