Voice of America is looking for an experienced growth or social media editor with strong analytical and paid marketing experience to help carry on its mission of informing, engaging and connecting our Mandarin audience. As a growth editor for our Global Mandarin service, you’ll be responsible for getting our content in front of the right audience. You should have strong knowledge and experience working with both Western and Chinese social and video platforms, including extensive experience with paid marketing campaigns.
- Maintaining VOA’s Global Mandarin brand across social and video platforms.
- Uploading and optimizing content for the VOA website as well as on social and video platforms, optimizing for maximum reach.
- Use Adobe Premiere and Photoshop to cut down video content as necessary to optimize for various social and video platforms.
- Monitor and report KPI’s back to producers and senior management to help inform editorial decisions and direction.
- Monitor viral trends among the global Mandarin audience to keep the editorial team in the loop about what the world is obsessed with right now.
- Initiate and maintain paid media campaigns on social and video platforms.
- Ensure all content produced is accurate, fair, and reported without bias, adhering to the VOA charter and journalistic code.
- Must be fluent in Mandarin and English.
- 3+ years of managing social media channels and/or distributed video platforms for a major news or digital media brand.
- Deep understanding of Western and Chinese social and video platforms, and why things go viral on them (or don’t go viral).
- Extensive experience running paid marketing campaigns on social and video platforms, most importantly on YouTube.
- A deep understanding of SEO.
- Proven understanding of virality and the media landscape.
- Experience with analytics and giving regular reports on KPI progress.
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere and Photoshop required.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org