The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) employs 16,800 staff members in 134 countries. For over half a century, UNHCR has helped millions of people to restart their lives. They include refugees, returnees, stateless people, the internally displaced and asylum-seekers.
The UNHCR Representation for EU Affairs in Brussels (REUA) is seeking a: Senior Information Technology (IT) Associate (G-7).
The Senior IT Associate will be part of the Admin unit within REUA. S/he will work under the supervision of the Admin Officer. Advice may also be provided by relevant functional units at Headquarters.
The appointee will have contacts within the organization and outside the duty station in countries and offices under the purview of REUA (Belgium, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Ireland, Malta and Poland).
Main duties and responsibilities
The appointee’s main duties and responsibilities will include:
- The support of the local area network in the UNHCR office to ensure a smooth and faultless use to all Users. This includes trouble shooting, maintenance of network software and the management of shared disk resources;
- Provide technical supervision and guidance to locally recruited staff and ensure that ICT equipment is fully operational at all times. Internally, the incumbent liaises directly with own Service Delivery Team on a daily basis as well as with end users to clarify, analyse and resolve reported issues;
- LAN installation/configuration and support, network implementation support, back up support as of e-Safe/SharePoint;
- Liaise with external service support such as Wipro and national providers, as required, to resolve/escalated technical issues;
- Support computer applications to meet the needs of UNHCR operations and programmes;
- Installation of standard UNHCR software and platforms, ensuring that systems installed meet their objectives and are operational at all times. Ensuring that the installed systems are well customised and configured to function efficiently and are cost effective;
- Responsible for the introduction of Microsoft Office365, Videoconference and teleconference tools and ensure that proper training is given to staff and hence develop training material to be used for this purpose;
- Anti-virus software installation, update, running virus checks in the computers;
- Upgrade of computers (hardware) within the offices to current UNHCR standards and subsequent installation of the new software platforms;
- Responsible for any support and maintenance required for local applications. The incumbent will also assist in the necessary maintenance on locally developed applications used within the region under the supervision of Reg. ISS;
- Manage the inventory of all IT related equipment including maintaining records of all new installations, redeployment, write-offs;
- Facilitate the procurement process to ensure that spare parts are obtained in a timely manner and that equipment is serviced regularly;
- Assist and support UNHCR Offices in maintaining the Asset Track system;
- Prepare a monthly summary/report of all tasks carried by the IT Section;
- Prepare a weekly/monthly tasks list for all technical tasks to be carried out;
- Perform other duties as required.
Required minimum qualifications and professional experience:
- Post-secondary courses in Information Technology and other relevant computer training from technical school/institute;
- 4 years of relevant professional experience if combined with a High School Diploma or 2 years if combined with a Bachelor or higher degree in the field of ICT;
- Excellent knowledge of English and working knowledge of French.
- Completion of UNHCR Learning Programmes or specific training relevant to function of the position such as: End-user Training (ICDL, MS Office, Windows, etc.), ICT Professional Training, (Data Analytics Using Power BI, Microsoft Exchange Server, ICT Information Security Awareness Training, How to Use WebEx, etc.);
- Experience using Microsoft 365 applications. Knowledge of CISCO telephony systems an assest;
- Demonstrated experience in Information Technology from other international or UN organisations.
One year Fixed-Term Appointment (renewable)
Start date is June 2020.
Interested candidates must fill in the Personal History (P.11) form in English, including the Letter of Interest section, which can be obtained at www.unhcr.org/recruit/p11new.doc, The completed Personal History form is to be submitted, together with a CV, by Sunday 24 May 2020 at 23:59 to [email protected] with ‘Snr IT Associate’ and the candidate’s surname in the subject.
Late applications will not be accepted.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
UNHCR has a zero tolerance policy against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA), an unacceptable behaviour and prohibited conduct for UNHCR personnel.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org