CEPA seeks a qualified and highly motivated individual to serve as a Program Assistant for our Democratic Resilience program. The Program Assistant will provide day-to-day administrative, financial and other support to the program staff for an initial six-month period with the possibility of extension.
This position reports to the Director for Democratic Resilience and is based in Washington, D.C.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, familiar with the functions of a public policy non-profit organization, willing to work across cultures, capable of balancing multiple tasks simultaneously and possess an interest in U.S.-European relations. He/she must be able to be proactive, detail-oriented, and work both independently and as part of a team.
· Manage of day-to-day program activities, with a particular focus on media literacy programming, including communicating with project partners and local coordinators in the Baltic region and tracking expenses and prepare financial reports;
· Coordinate and assist in planning and implementing of program events, workshops and webinars, as well as online media literacy training in the Baltic States;
· Monitor grant compliance requirements and keep track of the project activities and the implementation plan;
· Executive assistance and scheduling for program staff;
· Track developments in the CEE region and provide support with research;
· Assist program team with outreach to partners and maintain regular contact with CEPA’s network in the Baltic region;
· Assist program team with drafting memos, agreements, SOPs or other documents necessary for the implementation of project activities;
· Address administrative and research pop-up requests from program staff.
· Bachelor’s degree minimum; Master’s level education or equivalent knowledge in International Affairs, Political Science, or a related discipline is preferred;
· One year of applicable program experience in a think-tank or similar setting is a benefit;
· Competence in project administration and managing logistics;
· Experience in financial management and reporting (preferred);
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks in a time-sensitive environment;
CEPA offers exceptional benefits that include:
· Generous employer-subsidized health insurance;
· 403(b) Retirement Plan; and
· Generous paid vacation leave, sick leave, personal leave and holidays.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills;
· Familiarity with online training and learning tools is a benefit;
· Ability to handle sensitive information, meet deadlines and maintain grace under pressure; and
· Willingness to respond to an evolving set of priorities.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org