The Immigration Center for Women and Children (ICWC) seeks a full-time administrative assistant - a dynamic position as a member of our stellar admin team - to work with attorneys, legal assistants, LOPC team, and student interns in its San Francisco office.
**As an essential service organization, ICWC staff are currently splitting their time between in-office work and working remotely, in order to provide these critical services most safely and efficiently in this extraordinary time of Covid-19**
ICWC is a non-profit legal organization providing affordable immigration services to underrepresented immigrants in California. ICWC strives to provide security and stability for children who are abused, abandoned or neglected and for immigrants who are victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and other violent crimes. The office primarily works with federal immigration laws that allow victims to apply for work authorization and permanent residency. More information about ICWC is available at www.icwclaw.org and https://www.facebook.com/268356376532931/videos/451709055513411/?t=41.
Duties and Responsibilities, include but are not limited to:
Performing administrative duties for the office, including:
1. Maintaining records/filing systems and processing mail from clients, USCIS, FBI, ICE, etc.
2. Handling telephone and walk-in reception duties, including scheduling client appointments for all staff
3. Assisting attorneys with administrative tasks needed in a client’s immigration case, through a workshare task model
4. Translating (documents) + interpreting (at hearing & interviews) for clients between Spanish & English
5. Managing and monitoring client data collection, client database and calendaring systems
6. Registering custodians of unaccompanied minors in removal proceedings for legal orientation sessions
7. Assisting with various operational duties, including managing facilities and leading background/creative projects
8. Regularly using Microsoft Office, Cerenade (e-Immigration air) software and forms, and Google Drive: docs + sheets
1. High school diploma [ + Bachelor/Associate degree: preferred, but not required]
2. Spanish language fluency: oral and written. The position requires the ability to communicate daily through oral and written communications in both Spanish and English. The administrative assistant will regularly interact with monolingual Spanish speakers. Please clearly specify in your application your ability to fluently communicate in both Spanish and English.
2. Enthusiasm to work in a fast-paced legal office and to adapt to changes
3. Meticulous attention to detail
4. Demonstrated interest in low-income legal services and/or a commitment to civil liberties and immigrants' rights
5. Ability to work effectively with victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, and other violent crimes
Benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, retirement plan, FSA (flexible spending account for healthcare and commuting expenses), and reimbursement for preventative wellness activities. Generous paid-time off, in addition to office closures for federal holidays and a week-long winter break.
As a reminder: this position is currently split between in-office work and working remotely. You must indicate your plans to relocate to the Bay Area, if you have not indicated already that you live within daily-commute-distance from our San Francisco office.
Please send a cover letter and resume with the subject line “Admin Assistant ICWC SF 2020”, preferably in pdf format, to Jessica Farb, Directing Attorney at [email protected].
Only applicants invited to an interview will be contacted.