When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
We are seeking a Government Relations Director for our Washington DC, DC location.
This position’s primary function will be: strategic relations and business development for all aerospace, defense, security, space, and other lines of business, with emphasis upon Air Force, Space, Army, Marine Core International programs, Intelligence and programs, including international aspects!
- Business Development – Plan, leads, develops, and executes business development strategies and campaigns
- Government Relations – Act as strategic representative of Honeywell to stakeholders at the highest levels of the US Government, specifically including leaders within the Executive Office of the President; at the Departments of Defense, State, and Homeland Security, Intelligence Community; and within Congress; serves as a strategic representative to foreign officials and embassy personnel; collaborates as a strategic representative to aerospace, defense, and intelligence industry officials and trade associations; Strong, current, professional relationships with key stakeholders within the entities listed is a primary and daily duty
- International Relations – Correspond as a corporate expert in the legislative and political aspects of the export license process, with specific responsibilities for successfully navigating license requests through the Congressional Notification process, facilitating and contributing to international business development, including access to embassy personnel and key diplomats
- Strategic Planning – Develops, supports, and executes strategic plans for business development, communications, lobbying, and export license approvals
- HIPAC Management – Collaborates as a board member on the Honeywell International Political Action Committee (HIPAC) oversight and management committee; Serves as an advocate and subject matter expert on HIPAC; Serves as a HIPAC representative internally to business leaders, and externally to HIPAC recipients (including regularly attending HIPAC events)
- Legislative, Budget, & Policy Analyst – Oversees, identifies, analyzes, and disseminates timely and detailed analysis of impactful legislation, budget, appropriations, and policy to company stakeholders
- Minimum 8 + years’ experience working in senior government functions such as: aerospace, defense, security, and other agencies, with experience in budget, strategic planning, industry relations, oversight, and support for agency and political leaders
- 5+ years minimum experience working with defense and Intelligence partners of the United States Congress
- Current top-secret security clearance or eligibility to obtain a TS/SCI level clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, policy, business, international relations, engineering, or similar
- Postgraduate degrees preferred
- Demonstrated, and successful experience working with the US military services – namely the US Air force, Space, Army, Marine Core International programs, and other, related Department of Defense and intelligence agencies, aerospace and defense industry & foreign aerospace and defense organizations
- Military service as well as business development and industry experience are strongly preferred
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org