YOU'LL CONTRIBUTE TO ENDING WORLD HUNGER BY ...
supporting Action Against Hunger’s Business Development Team to mobilize resources from USAID and US-based foundations to implement high-quality programs, at scale, in pursuit of Action Against Hunger’s objective to treat and prevent undernutrition.
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE
- Designing approach to improve our business development cycle, including developing tools and processes, to improve the development of concept notes, proposals, budgets, teaming agreements, and partner due diligence.
- Supporting pre-positioning efforts with key US-based donors, including USAID, as well as potential partner organizations with whom we can forge strategic partnerships, and consortia.
- Preparing research and engagement tools for senior management to cultivate and strengthen relationships with institutional donors, private foundations, partner organizations, and other stakeholders.
- Working with the Associate Director, to develop and monitor pre-positioning plans for each of our programs in East Africa and Haiti.
- Tracking global USG opportunities, in coordination with a Donor Relations Officer, to disseminate to relevant country teams.
DO YOU MEET THE PROFILE REQUIRED CRITERIA?
- Bachelors or master’s degree
- A minimum of six years of international development and experience supporting business development teams.
- Experience with both USAID humanitarian and development programming, including RFAs, APS, and RFP funding mechanisms.
- Familiarity with relevant institutional donor regulations, policies, procedures and priorities.
- Demonstrated experience working on teams to produce deliverables under tight deadlines and at exceptional quality.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing diverse, proactive strategies to competitively position the organization for new funding opportunities and productive institutional relationships.
- Technical knowledge of nutrition, health systems, food security and/or WASH programming is a plus.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org