You will be joining us as we look to expand our programme management team and strengthen our project delivery across the globe. This is a great opportunity to join a new team, and develop your skill set to progress into a project management career with Development Pathways.
Our Orpington head office is home to a team of 20+ who are committed to transforming social policies to ensure that the world’s most vulnerable people are not forgotten. We work hard and are passionate about what we do. We find time to discuss important issues and ways we as a company can support initiatives that we are passionate about. We also find the time to socialise, when not in lockdown and have a casual culture around the office that allows for interaction across all levels in the company.
The Programme Officer will be part of our growing Programme Management and Administration Team. You will be responsible for providing day-to-day project administrative support for projects within our UK office.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
The responsibilities of the Programme Officer will cover all aspects of project administration, including contracting, financial and logistical processes, with responsibilities growing as his/her capacity develops:
- Supporting implementation of individual projects to help ensure timely delivery of high-quality project deliverables
- Lead on project tracking, including on team input days, deliverable deadlines, invoicing schedules, finances, etc.
- Maintaining and updating project folders and management documents, spreadsheets and databases, ensuring that all relevant information is saved in a clear and accessible manner;
- Contributing to the improvement of project management processes, policies and procedures;
- Assisting with training staff and consultants on project management policies and procedures;
- Reviewing, drafting and managing client and consultant contracts;
- Communicating and building strong relationships with consultants and clients;
- Supporting Programme Managers in ensuring the development and implementation of systems for project management and other tasks as required.
Project and Finance Management
- Financial support of projects to ensure that spending is in line with contracts while managing any variances;
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with the client contract and invoicing schedule;
- Reviewing consultant and staff invoices and expense claims;
- Preparing and raising client invoices promptly;
- Keeping project-related financial documentation up to date.
- Planning and coordinating project field missions with staff and consultants;
- Identifying services required for field missions and adhering to agreed budgets;
- Facilitating travel arrangements for staff and consultants, e.g. accommodation, visas and flights.
Terms of Employment and Benefits
Recruitment will be at the junior level and is a permanent and full-time post. Along with basic salary, the successful candidate would receive an attractive package of the following:
- Fulfilling work - work directly with end-users in some of the world’s most underserved communities.
- Flexible work - Development Pathways offers employees flexible work hours and remote work options.
- Generous time off - recharge with 30-holiday entitlement plus standard bank holidays.
- Travel the World- we are committed to seeing our work in action, all around the world up to 4 weeks in a year.
- Excellent health and well-being provision – access to the company private health care scheme (after the satisfactory completion of the probationary period, pension scheme and Employee Assistance Programme.
- Commitment to professional development opportunities - we encourage our staff to participate in professional learning and development.
- Provision of a company laptop and working at home benefits
- A university degree or project management experience;
- Excellent organisational skills with the capacity to work with minimal supervision;
- Time management skills, with the ability to work under pressure, manage own workload and prioritise tasks;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate appropriately and professionally with people at all levels and from diverse backgrounds;
- A high-level of attention to detail;
- Technologically knowledgeable and comfortable with Microsoft Office programmes;
- Professional fluency in written and spoken English;
- Excellent numeracy skills and proficiency with excel;
- A commitment to social justice, gender equality and women’s empowerment.
- A university degree in a relevant area, e.g. international development or international relations or project management;
- Previous experience in project management;
- A Master’s degree;
- Proficiency in another language.
- PRINCE2 or equivalent qualification.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org