Research and analyze data to inform foreign policy programs and initiatives. Apply basic principles, theories, and concepts; limited industry knowledge. Support the development of socio-cultural analytical products for a DoD client. Utilize strong research skills and facilities with technology to gather quantitative and qualitative data, manipulate the appropriate tools and methods to analyze the data, use excellent writing skills to synthesize, package, and present the information and findings most clearly. Assist with the development of new reports, briefs, curricula, or other products for countries or regions or the revision of existing products, including general socio-cultural content that addresses a particular region history, economics, politics, religion, technology, security or culture-specific material focused on such topics concerning particular countries or sub-national groups.
- Experience with conducting independent research and producing a minimum of 25 page professional and scholarly reports
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task, and manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree in Cultural or Social Anthropology, Political Science, International Relations, Regional Studies, International Development Studies, Cultural/Human Geography, Social or Cross-Cultural Psychology, or International Affairs
- Experience with living or working in a foreign country
- Experience with independently designing, conducting, and reporting on scientific research regarding foreign cultures or populations
- Experience in working as part of a multidisciplinary team to accomplish complex, long-term tasks
- Possession of a record of publications in scholarly journals or presses
- MA or MS degree in Cultural or Social Anthropology, Political Science, International Relations, Regional Studies, International Development Studies, Cultural/Human Geography, Social or Cross-Cultural Psychology, International Affairs, or other closely related disciplines
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org