Caritas Czech Republic has been operating in Zambia since 2013. The team is vibrant, motivated, passionate and prepared. The added value of Caritas Czech Republic is the strong attachment to the field. We work for people, with the people. If you are enthusiastic, willing to be on the ground and motivated to learn as much as possible then you are the ideal candidate to join our Mission.
Stefania, Head of Mission
Caritas Czech Republic (CCR) is a non-profit non-governmental organization with field activities in 27 countries (Europe, Asia, Middle East and Africa) and an extensive social services programme in the Czech Republic assisting more than 100,000 clients. CCR is a member of the international network of the Caritas Internationalis and cooperates with a number of international and local partners. In addition to emergency response, the organization focuses on 4 key areas: 1) health care and social services; 2) sustainable livelihoods in agriculture and small-scale entrepreneurship; 3) vocational education (youth and adults); 4) assistance to refugees and internally displaced people. CRR has 20-year experience in managing social welfare programmes, including support to people with disabilities. The organization adheres to core humanitarian principles, including gender equality.
The Caritas Czech Republic mission in Zambia was established in 2013 and has since been providing support in development cooperation and humanitarian aid, namely in 1) reproductive health and nutrition, 2) economic empowerment, 3) agriculture and 4) social protection to refugees. The organization, which is CCR's largest foreign mission, engages more than 120 full time employees and is currently active in Lusaka and Central, Western, North-Western and Luapula Provinces.
In its agriculture projects, CCR focuses mainly on improving productivity, development of value chains through support and capacity building of farmers and cooperatives, promoting innovation, facilitation of linkages to markets and financial services. In its social and economic empowerment projects, CCR aims to improve social and economic self-reliance and to support livelihoods of refugees, former refugees as well as members of the local Zambian community through vocational and apprenticeship training, financial inclusion, entrepreneurial skills development and self and small businesses. CCR in Zambia has very good reputation and sound track record.
Programme Manager (Zambia-Lusaka)
I. Information about the position
Name of position: Programme Manager
Expected length of employment: 12 months with possibility of extension (long-term contract preferred)
Type of position: Full-time
Place of employment: Lusaka, Zambia
Start date: ASAP
· Overal management and coordination of the projects – ensuring results and objectives as per project documents are achieved within the given budget and time-plan
· Activities and staff performance supervision and evaluation
· Leading member of overal project evaluations, assessments, baselines
· Active cooperation on project proposals development
· Ensuring PR and visibility of the projects, donor and CCR
· Contribution to development of CCR country strategy document
· Responsible for budget utilization and eligibility of the expenses incurred of entrusted projects
· Responsible for preparation of monthly spending overview
· Responsible for monitoring the total budget of projects in the country and its implementation. Responsible for informing HoM of issues with an impact on the budget and suggesting reallocations
· Quarterly reporting on projects performance and evaluation and on activities implementation
· Bachelor’s Degree in Management, International Relations or similar
· 1-2 years of experience in project/programme cycle management in development cooperation/ humanitarian aid;
· Experience in drafting, introducing and implementing processes in a similar organization operating in this sector
· Experience with financial project management
· Ability to organize and motivate the project teams
· Proactivity, fast in action, strong leadership and problem-solving skills;
· Authority, professional communication skills and ability to cooperate smoothly with variety of colleagues, partners, etc.
· Willingness to frequently travel to the Field offices
· Excellent communication skills in English (oral and written);
· Proven experience in managing teams with various nationalities, gender, age and ethnicity;
· Experience of working in development and/or humanitarian setting in a leadership position;
· Track record of managing relations with a variety of donors;
· Knowledge of Zambia and/or Southern Africa culture
· Experience in managing numerous teams far from Head Office
· Knowledge of Caritas network;
IV. What we offer
· Gross monthly remuneration commensurate with experience and competencies (the monthly remuneration includes base gross salary and per-diem)
· 25 days of paid leave, in addition to official public holidays
· Travel health insurance
· 2 return flights per year to home country
· Contribution towards accommodation
· Pre-deployment and on-site health, psychological and security support
· Access to training opportunities
· Career development in a value-driven professional organization, suitable especially for dynamic professionals
· Caritas Czech Republic is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates with disability are also encouraged to apply.
The application must include a brief motivation letter, not longer than 1 page, and a maximum 4-page CV or resume. The applications are reviewed on continual basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. Please submit your application via email` not later than July, 26th.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org